Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 02:05 PM

Default J8o in the BB..turn c/r

Excellent table, everyone is way too loose with only a couple of exceptions. CO in this hand is 41/7.8 Aggr ~1. He's shows down the likes of K5o, 92s, Q6s, etc. MP3 I have only played 5 hands with. Of those 5, he's played 1 hand which didn't see showdown (folded). So complete unknown.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.</font>

I call planning on c/r the turn on any safe card. I'd likely fold if an overcard falls and he bets, or if he 3 bets me.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

When he checks I'm more convinced he's probably on a draw, or has a mid pp as his most likely holdings. CO is most likely betting since we all checked, and he has a small piece of the board. I put him on a weaker J or Tx. At this point his bet gives me more reason to c/r since I'd like to get MP3 to fold.

What do you like about this line, if anything? How else would you play it?

I'll post the remainder in a little while.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: J8o in the BB..turn c/r

1. i like the line, i think the turn c/r gives you the best chance to protect against overcards and other drawing hands given the flop action.

2. the only alternative, i think, is to ck the flop hoping it gets to the button, who will autobet, and then you can c/r most of the field and give'em one less card to look at.

i think most of the time, though, i'm going with option number one at a loose table where people go too far w/ terrible hands.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:06 AM

Default River and results

Anyone else have any comments and critiques they'd like to offer up on this one? Thanks!

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 8d Js (one pair, jacks).
CO has Ks Td (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>