Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Collusion ?

What do u do if 1 or more players are talking at a table in a language other than english ??

I was just playing on Caribbean Sun and encountered this....I asked them to stop but they continued.....The Live-Chat function has been enabled on the site now, so I went to support and informed them of my username etc and the two offending people....

Did I do the right thing ?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Collusion ?

So, English should be the only language in the world?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:58 AM

How did I know I would get a dumb-ass comment like that !!!

Its a rule on some sites that English can only be spoken at the tables to prevent collusion..........So thats why I posted....they could have been discussing cards etc.....

Although I imagine that u would say if they are gonna cheat they would do it over messenger.....However, I thought the integrity of the game was being jeopardised......

However, thanks for pointing out the fact that I now have xenophobic views and am trying to promote the worldwide abolition of every other language.....
Old 02-05-2005, 11:09 AM

Sí.

Seriously I am pretty sure this will be the stupidest thing I read today. Well done. That rarely happens before I eat breakfast if I haven't talked to Chris Daddy yet.

EDIT: Also, to the original poster, what you did was fine.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:16 AM

I think it may be a rule on some American-owned sites who assume anyone speaking another language must be plotting against them or cheating. It's not a rule on European sites, as this would obviously be racist. Why not learn the language they were speaking and then you can check. Remember, over 99 percent of colluders speak English as their first language. You see why.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:38 PM

I'd say a short email to support should do it. It's all in the register and if these are colluding it will be pretty to spot. Also if you're worried about it, just run their chat through an online translator. Really I wouldn't worry about it though, as anyone stupid enough to collude inside the chat window isn't going to be in business very long. Realize that if someone is going to collude they will just do it through an external chat program.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:09 PM

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I play primarily on Prima, which is probably 75% european, and they have the rule as well. The simple fact is English is by far the most spoken language in the world, and the SUPPORT PERSONNEL can't be expected to learn every minor language in the world, like say, Italian.

"I think it may be a rule on some American-owned sites who assume anyone speaking another language must be plotting against them or cheating. It's not a rule on European sites, as this would obviously be racist."
Old 02-05-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The simple fact is English is by far the most spoken language in the world,

[/ QUOTE ]

Mandarin chinese is more than twice as popular as English worldwide.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:34 PM

Good point. I wonder why the poker sites don't mandate speaking in Mandarin Chinese.

"Mandarin chinese is more than twice as popular as English worldwide. "