Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 09:55 PM

Default blind play, adjustment from 5/10 to 15/30

I played 5/10 for a couple months and decided to move up. The one thing that I feel most uncomfortable right now is the blind play, which is due to the 2/3 blind structure for 15/30.

Senario 1

You're in small blind, everyone folds to you and you look at your T6s. This kind of hands confuse me. I feel they are too good to fold, yet too weak to raise. Call here?

Senario 2

Again small blind, this time you have 47o and 6 limpers. Getting pot odds good like this warrants a call?

Senario 3

Big blind, T7o. Everyone folds except small blind who raises. Defend? I tend to fold this hand in 5/10. But knowing SB might have lower standard to raise, I find it hard to fold here.

Please help me out. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: blind play, adjustment from 5/10 to 15/30

I feel your pain. I am also frustrated by the 2/3 blind structure, especially when shorthanded (because it comes up so much).

I haven't really found an elegant solution for the marginal hands such as your T6s. At 5/10 or 10/20, I would probably just fold it against all but the tightest big blinds, but at 15/30 you're giving up a lot by folding. I would tend to open complete against most players, fold against very aggressive players, and raise against tight/weak players.

Open completing with trash, especially versus passive big blinds feels dirty, but it's probably the right thing to do a lot of time. At a full table this isn't important, but if the game is shortanded you should be limp reraising quite a bit to keep the BB from raising too much.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: blind play, adjustment from 5/10 to 15/30

I believe the answer to your 2nd question is that you should be completing with any 2 cards in that situation.