Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Hiigh stakes players at low stakes tables

Sometimes an apparent maniac comes into the game, he's in every hand, but his post flop game is excellent. Lately I've been asking "Don't you normally play high stakes?" and they leave immediately.(3 times in the last 2 days) A true fish would be flattered.
Have these high stakes players come to vent and push people around? And why do they flee?
Old 02-04-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Hiigh stakes players at low stakes tables

I've seen some people do this, but it's usually obvious since they sit down with like $1600 in my $2/$4 or $1/$2 6 max game.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:39 PM

There was a guy who sat down at the $1/$2 At interpoker with $30,000 and just started raising everything. I took about $40 off him. Not a lot to him but a lot to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 05:57 PM

i find a few players doing that at the nl table on ub, they come to the .50/1 or 1/2 nl tables and just auto-raise every hand. i like it when they do this cause they tend to double me up a few times and go back to the 5/10 nl game. i always figure they came to blow off some steam.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:15 PM

I once bought in for $9999 on my buddy's 1-2 game. It was funny as hell reading the chat reactions. One guy was like begging for mercy. My buddy was laughing his ass off as well.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once bought in for $9999 on my buddy's 1-2 game. It was funny as hell reading the chat reactions. One guy was like begging for mercy. My buddy was laughing his ass off as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Begging for mercy? Gezzz... when I played 1-2 I was happy to see someone max buyin. It just showed me they were willing to give money away.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:20 PM

Everyone needs to vent from time to time and if you're going to vent, it's better to do on cheap tables and lose a little money than do it on high stakes tables and lose a small fortune.

I know a couple of people who like to move down limits when they get a bad wave of cards.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:31 PM

People do it to vent. I'm not a big baller, but sometimes I like to sit at the microlimit tables and just cap every street.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:33 PM

I do this on microlimit Triple Draw. I rule at A-5.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:01 AM

When you see a player buy in with way more than they need you know that the guy is down on his confidence. He may have had a bad session at his normal limits so now he has to come down to get his confidence back. I hate it that NL tables have a max buy in. I would love for these a$$clowns to be at my NL table. You wait for AA or KK and then raise the hell out of them. But no they only allow unlimited buy ins on limit tables. I'm speaking of Interpoker of course. Had a guy sit down to play and he had 14K. I was right behind him so he would always raise and I would re-raise. Player lost 500 in a matter of minutes and left. I love it when they try to bully everyone they can usually be beaten without much effort. You just have to have the balls to bet with them. You want to lose little pots to them but win big pots from them. Help the guy lose confidence.