Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 02:36 PM

Default i love vegas yes i do i love vegas how bout you (trip report)

this post cannot compare to inthacup's epic tale. search his posts for the best trip report i have read to date. mine is very tame and im very poor in comparison. but i have to give props where deserved so start with props and slops long time since ive touched finger to key on that one.

PROPS

downtown was a very pleasant surprise 0 times i was ever concerned safety wise and i tend to wander the streets quite often, often alone.

the golden nugget staff of the rope off poker room were very pleasant and helpful the 2/5 game was good everytime i was there (twice)lots of gamblors.

Al Capone Jr super nice guy but a real sucker when it comes to betting red card, black card, will the flush get there(with odds of course) etc you know he is always gonna go black, and he always seems to need runner runner for the flush. a real stand up fella twas a pleasure to make the acquaintance of.

The Plaza another rope off room downtown wonderful staff my favorite place to play downtown. good 3+1, i think it was rake, and high hand(500 max for quads and strflushes). nl side game run over with teams only complaint i had. excellent place to play nice small buy in nl tournaments 4 times daily.cant wait to play here when they have a real room.

hot cocktail waitresses and their minimassages their cheaper than the ones on those cards they hand you on the strip.

Aaron and Angela random acts of kindness towards complete strangers are a beautiful thing.

pizza place on the strip just before NYNY coming from downtown pretty goot.

the craps dealers at the Lady Luck for dropping the limit and teaching me how to play ( im fairly certain i will be a lifetime winner at craps thanks to these guys).

Matt at the plaza lucky chip is working so far! damon for dealing a great game too. ben for giving me the answers to all the questions they ve heard a million times by now. skip and bob for being a great floor and telling stories about back in the day with that guy they call the mad genius mike something. too many great dealers to mention.

mark , ray, scott, joe,scooter, and all the really nice folks i met whose names escape me, and that shared knowledge, a good story or two etc.

TBONE my man from seattle that knows how to roll 7s and gambool in poka. 168 dollar 1-4 pots dont come around too often, nor do 40 big bet holdem profits (for one round)

sam adams and grand marnier

slops
binions no fun too many rude people piled in one establishment.nick and the security the only nice and or helpful people i encountered.

Coyote Ugly ugggggh one of my favoirte bars anywhere ive been to one. take grandma to this version if she saw the movie and wants to remenisce (sp? no idea) abouth that night when she tangoed with two gentlemen. 2nd biggest disapointment in vegas for me.

me for getting to the airport 2 hours early and managing to miss my flight.

sam adams and grand marnier see above

america west for closing the door in my face and making me watch my plane sit there before it taxied out.
airtran for suking in general

me for boterhing to write a trip report void of short shorts, magoo, friend in trunk, i refused the hookers upon delivery, but i love vegas and i cant wiat to go back anyway

badbeatwarningbadbeatwarning
to the guy that called everthing suked out like a champ and bubbled me out when he paired his kicker on the river.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: i love vegas yes i do i love vegas how bout you (trip report)

Greetings from the trout fisherman next to you at the IP!
Sounds like your trip was GOOOT!
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]