Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 11:15 PM

Default suggestions to make \'live at the bike\' better

i think one big thing they could do is instead of listing names of the people next to the cards they should list seat numbers. most of us have no idea who these people are and it would make it much easier to watch. also the names are hard to see as it is so if they could make it just a bit bigger then that would be cool. i know they announce the players names to which seat they are in randomly but if you tune in in the middle of the thing you may have to wait forever to put all the pieces together on who is which.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: suggestions to make \'live at the bike\' better

also does anyone else lose sound for a few minutes then it comes back in slow motion and sounds satanic?! its no big deal to me, i actually think its funny, i was just seeing if it was my computer or if anyone else has this prob.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also does anyone else lose sound for a few minutes then it comes back in slow motion and sounds satanic?! its no big deal to me, i actually think its funny, i was just seeing if it was my computer or if anyone else has this prob.

[/ QUOTE ]

watching it right now, this just happened to me several minutes ago.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:25 PM

I had that same problem a couple of times too last night, I'm sure they'll work out those technical issues shortly. They mentioned there would be more features next week.

Kevin...
Old 02-03-2005, 11:27 PM

Since this is NLHE, relevant stack sizes would be good, but that's probably pretty tough to do given that its live
Old 02-04-2005, 12:09 AM

naked women
Old 02-04-2005, 02:07 PM

Cory,

I forwarded a link to your thread to the Bike's Poker office. Anyone who has comments feel free to post here or if you start a new thread PM me, although I'll be looking for more comments here, in B&M, and other forums periodically.

Note that I work at the Bike, post here (on 2+2) frequently but am not that involved in the production at this point.

Regards,

Rick
Old 02-04-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
naked women

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we can do that. Is cleavage acceptable? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 02-04-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit I was somewhat skeptical that the technology was good enough or that the Internet has enough bandwidth to pull this off. Apparently this effort requires sophisticated video compression and other cutting edge techniques. Any feedback on the type of images and sound we are getting at the end user level would be much appreciated. That said, please recognize we are just starting out with this, and hope to work out the bugs over time.

Also, if anyone had good links to information regarding the latest technology in Internet video broadcasting, I'd be interested.

Regards,

Rick
Old 02-04-2005, 04:38 PM

I've only watched once for a few minutes but I have to say, this is *by far* the best quality streaming video I've ever seen. Well done. Any chance of you posting the tech specs?

One complaint: doesn't work under Mozilla, only IE. Dunno if this is my fault or yours.

Now if I can only convince my profs to install these systems in the classrooms, I'll never have to leave the apt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]