Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Gametime vs. Playerview

I'm finally going to install one of these programs- but the question is which one.

Which is easier in terms of ease of setup, use, functionability, overall look, and performance?

thanks
~Reef
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Gametime vs. Playerview

GameTime+ is easier to install (no install actually, it's a standalone program). Also, the look is pretty right out of the box. Standard PT GameTime stats, and mouse-overs give you the rest of the stats.

Playerview must be installed, and then configured. However, it lets you configurate a lot more, select which stats appear on the screen, where each stat is positioned, etc.

In my experience, PV has a smaller performance impact; I can 4 table with PokerTracker with some moderate lag with PV, but GT+ freezes up pretty often. However, many other people have reported having no performance problems with either program.

Personally, I like the look and features of GT+ better (it's not as configurable for the displayed stats, but the mouse-over gives me everything I need), but I just can't get it to perform well enought (2.4Ghz laptop w/1G ram).

PV supports multiple databases at the same time (i.e. your stats database and a datamining database). I'm pretty sure GT+ does not.

PV autodetects when you open a table and updates the stats for that table. In GT+ you have to go into the program and tell it to start covering that table.

I think for GT+ you have to have to be seated at the table to get stats (I may be wrong here), with PV you don't.
Download both and try them out. I switched back and forth several times before settling in with PV.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:52 PM

You don't have to be seated to get GT to do table stats. Just have to observe with Party skins or UB.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:40 PM

Playerview all the way at this point. It runs pretty lag free for me, I have poker tracker set up to update every minute. No slowdown so far, been using it a while. Like playerview better just for the fact that any stat u pretty much want u can have displayed on the table. Love it.

GT+ is supposed to have an update coming out shortly that will get rid of a lot of its problems and give u many more options for stats that u want displayed. have to wait and see what the update brings, once it comes, PV and GT+ will probably be right on par with each other.

Kross release your update dammit. Its been 3 months, come on, really though this is your family now...
Old 02-04-2005, 12:16 AM

Does GT+ do paradise poker or any other sites , or only party skins?

Just curious.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to be seated to get GT to do table stats. Just have to observe with Party skins or UB.

[/ QUOTE ]
The last time I used GT you could get table stats but, you had to choose someone's name from the list who had been seated at the table. This was the only way to get table stats. Is there another way with GT? This was the most annoying aspect of the whole program.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:36 AM

Unfortunately no. This is the only way I know to do it.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:37 AM

It works with any site that is compatible with Poker Tracker.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:21 AM

We're talking about GameTime+ here, with the HUD, right?
Old 02-04-2005, 11:43 AM

Yes, and really that's the reason I don't use it. PV allows you to get stats without actually sitting at the table. You can datamine and get stats on tables that you aren't sitting. It works great for table selection and is the main reason I use it instead of GT.