Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Haven\'t had one of these in a while - a preflop quiz

Yo,

I remember there was like one of these a week when I first started posting, and I haven't seen one in a while. made this in response to the preflop raising thread, I think it fits the microlimit games pretty well.

for all questions, rank your options among fold, call(check), or raise.

1. you're UTG and you hold 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2. 3 limpers to you in CO, you hold Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3. folded to you in MP3, you hold A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

4. 1 limper to you in MP2, you hold 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

5. 4 limpers to you on the Button, you hold A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

6. 3 limpers, Button raises, you're in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

7. 6 limpers to you in the BB, you hold T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

8. UTG+1 raises, 1 cold-caller to you on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

9. loose MP3 limps, rest fold to you on the button with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

10. 2 limpers to you on the button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

11. 1 player limps, UTG+1 raises, and you're next to act with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

12. 2 players limp, CO raises, and you're on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

13. 2 loose players limp, SB completes, you have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

14. folded to you in MP1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

15. 3 limpers to you in the small blind with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Haven\'t had one of these in a while - a preflop quiz

My preflop play is pretty weak but here goes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

1. Call
2. Raise
3. Raise
4. Raise
5. Call
6. Call
7. Raise
8. Call - maybe raise
9. Raise
10. Call
11. Raise
12. Raise
13. Check - maybe raise
14. Raise
15. Raise
Old 02-03-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yo,

I remember there was like one of these a week when I first started posting, and I haven't seen one in a while. made this in response to the preflop raising thread, I think it fits the microlimit games pretty well.

1. you're UTG and you hold 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2. 3 limpers to you in CO, you hold Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3. folded to you in MP3, you hold A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

4. 1 limper to you in MP2, you hold 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

5. 4 limpers to you on the Button, you hold A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

6. 3 limpers, Button raises, you're in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

7. 6 limpers to you in the BB, you hold T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

8. UTG+1 raises, 1 cold-caller to you on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

9. loose MP3 limps, rest fold to you on the button with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

10. 2 limpers to you on the button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

11. 1 player limps, UTG+1 raises, and you're next to act with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

12. 2 players limp, CO raises, and you're on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

13. 2 loose players limp, SB completes, you have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

14. folded to you in MP1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

15. 3 limpers to you in the small blind with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay!

1 - Call/fold/raise
2 - Raise/call/fold
3 - Raise/fold/call
4 - Call/raise/fold
5 - Call/raise/fold
6 - Call/raise/fold
7 - Raise/check
8 - Raise/call/fold
9 - Raise/call/fold
10 - Call/fold/raise
11 - Fold/raise/call
12 - Same as above
13 - Raise/check
14 - Raise/call/fold
15 - Call/raise/fold
Old 02-03-2005, 01:38 PM

Depends on table. A loose table I limp, an aggressive table I fold... A very tight table... I raise, if folded around, I leave the table.

Raise

Raise

Raise

Call

It depends on the limpers and the raiser. It could go anywhere from a 3-bet to a call.

Raise

3-bet to clear out the blinds

Raise

limp

Depends on UTG+1. If UTG+1 has loose raising standards, I 3-bet. If UTG+1 is passive pf.. I fold

Again... depends on CO. More times than not... I'm 3-betting here.

Raise.

Depends on table. From MP1, it's still early enough that I may entice more limpers by limping first in to make it a multi-way pot, where this hand shines.

Raise
Old 02-03-2005, 01:39 PM

Sweet, well since Ive been playing more shorthanded I will probably answer these wrong but here it goes
1. limp
2. limp
3. raise, limp maybe
4. raise
5. limp
6. call
7. raise
8. reraise, I have position and want to take control of the hand but maybe I should just call?
9. raise/call depending on how loose the blinds are
10. limp
11. Crap, I hate these, reraise or coldcall or possibly fold depedning on read
12. This is the great debate that doesnt matter a whole lot, check or raise depending how bad the other players are and how sassy I am feeling. One less limper up front and I am definitly raising, one more limper and I dont think I will much at all.
13. limp
14. raise, you have enough people to make it worthwhile to raise because you are suited that helps alot in multiway pots and BB often comes along in loose games too.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:39 PM

Assuming the usual mix of a rock or two, a TAG, a couple of LAGs and some standard loose players:

1. Fold.

2. Raise.

3. Call.

4. Call.

5. Call.

6. Call.

7. Raise.

8. Fold. (or re-raise depending on reads).

9. Fold.

10. Raise.

11. Fold.

12. Fold.

13. Raise.

14. Raise.

15. Raise.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:47 PM

(call/fold/raise)
(raise/call/fold)
(raise/fold/call)
depends on the limper and blinds, but (call/raise/fold)
(raise/call/fold)
(call/fold/raise)
(raise/check)
Depends on UTG+1 (raise/fold/call)
(raise/call/fold)
(call/fold/raise)
Depends on UTG+1 (fold/raise/call)
(raise/fold/call)
(raise/call/fold)
(call/fold/raise)
(call/fold/raise)

Should have made this a poll. :P

-d
Old 02-03-2005, 01:49 PM

1. Fold, but thats because I probably haven't been concentrating enough on game selection lately. Call, Raise
2. Call, Raise, Fold
3. Raise, Call, Fold
4. Raise, Call, Fold
5. Call, Fold, Raise
6. Call, Fold, Raise
7. Raise, Call, Fold
8. Fold, Call, Raise
9. Call, Raise, Fold
10. Call, Fold, Raise
11. Raise, Fold, Call
12. Raise, Call, Fold
13. Call, Raise, Fold
14. Raise, Call, Fold
15. Raise, Call, Fold
Old 02-03-2005, 02:06 PM

1. Fold
2. Call
3. Raise unless CO & Button are both >50% VPIP, in that case, call.
4. Call
5. Call, small pre-flop edge here w/ 4 limpers, I'd raise w/ 2 limpers
6. Call
7. Raise
8. Fold, pocket 9s facing a raise I play like any other low PP.
9. Raise, attempting to isolate unless both blinds are loose, then just call.
10. Call
11. Fold, unless UTG+1 has a PFR >15% over a sample of 50+ hands and the table texture allows for an iso 3-bet.
12. Fold, cold-call to a loose raiser (criteria above).
13. Check
14. Call
15. Raise
Old 02-03-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yo,

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Table dependant. Loose table Call. Agg Table Fold.
2. Raise
3. Limp
4. Tight Table Raise. Loose Table call
5. Raise
6. Call
7. Raise
8. Call (Dependant on UTG+1 Agg factor. If its a fish I raise)
9. Raise (Will be aggressive post flop if Loose MP3 has a lower WTSD%)
10. Call
11. Dependant on UTG+1, Loose Raises I 3-bet. Passive Call/Fold.
12. 3-bet (You have position on CO postflop for further actions
13. Raise
14. Limp
15. Complete