Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 03:07 AM

Default KQo...AQx on board...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

UTG+2 is Tight/Passive preflop (Eagle symbol)
MP2 is Loose/Passive (fish symbol,total aggression = 1)
Button is Loose preflop Average aggression (dice symbol)
BB is a TAG (moneybag symbol)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

River: (7.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Comment?
Old 02-03-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: KQo...AQx on board...

I usually take the "if I'm going to call I might as well bet" approach in this type of situation.

I'm not sure what your plan was on the turn if faced with a bet, but I would usually bet/fold it. Same with the river; I think once you check and one of the passives puts a bet out there you've become a pretty significant underdog.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:25 AM

plan for the turn was check/fold...
Old 02-03-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
plan for the turn was check/fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that better than check/call, but I hate rolling over when passive players have just been calling.

I think I like bet/folding better because if I can get UTG+2 to fold I like my chances much better. If he calls on the turn I'm not optimistic. I'm not really all that worried about the other two.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:33 AM

I would usually bet the turn...don't be so quick about bet/folding or check/folding because if someone has an ace you probably have 5 outs and will have odds to call most likely. Seeing that you didn't bet turn, you should definitely bet the river (the ace is good card for you). There are enough worse hands that call the flop (gutshots, weak queen, eight, 33, etc.) that I think it's worth a turn bet.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:35 AM

if i bet the river are you folding to a raise?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:48 AM

no
Old 02-03-2005, 04:53 AM

then i think i like a check/call better...I think that if i could safely and comfortably fold to a raise then betting is ok, but since i agree that i can't fold to a raise then check/calling is better...my hand is worth a showdown, but i really only want to pay one bet for it...

I think there are enough hands that might bet the river that i beat for a call to be correct, i don't htink this is a situation where only a hand that beats me will bet the river...
Old 02-03-2005, 04:55 AM

just because you have to call a raise doesn't necessarily mean you should favor check/calling, especially when the pot is multiway. If you expect multiple people to call it doesn't matter as much if someone raises with a better hand and you pay him off.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:00 AM

also when nobody raises you on flop and turn is checked around I would be fairly confident I have best hand and there is more EV in betting out than inducing bluffs or bets from worse hands, even if you are gonna call a raise IMO