Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Q8o, I think I played it right, but input here seems golden. ;)

That hand converter didn't work for this, so I did my best [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyhow, pretty laid back table, a little bit loose, would you have played any different? I think I probably should have raised on the flop, but I wanted to keep these guys in, they tend to scare easily. Think I could have made more?

Seat 1: Guy1
Seat 2: Guy2
Seat 3: Guy3
Seat 4: Guy4
Seat 6: Guy5
Seat 10: Myself [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

ANTES/BLINDS
Myself posts small blind, Guy1 posts big blind.

PRE-FLOP
Guy2 calls, Guy3 folds, Guy4 folds, Guy5 bets, Myself calls, Guy1 folds, Guy2 calls.

FLOP [board cards 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Myself checks, Guy2 checks, Guy5 bets, Myself calls, Guy2 folds.

TURN [board cards 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Myself checks, Guy5 bets, Myself 3-bets, Guy5 calls.

RIVER [board cards 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Myself bets, Guy5 calls.

10BB
Old 02-03-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Q8o, I think I played it right, but input here seems golden. ;)

Fold preflop - it looks like you called a raise from guy 5.

Do not raise that flop. You want to keep Guy2 in if at all possible because he's probably drawing dead.

Turn is good, river is good.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:22 AM

It looks like you called a raise out of the small blind with Q8, which is a mistake. Just completing would also be bad.

I guess what I'm trying to say is fold pre-flop.

It's tough to follow the action.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:42 AM

Yeah, sorry it's kinda hard to follow, had to edit it up manually [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But you've both got a point, after reading that I realized that a few days ago, that's the exact same advice i'd have given myself. I've gotten into a habit of calling K9 and Q9 lately and I guess I let my game slip a little bit to allow K8 and Q8, been playing a bit much at the looser Excalibur games I guess.

Thanks for the input too! I think you both may have just saved me from continuing to play K/Q+8 so blindly.