Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Low Content: Straddle capped on the river

I just started straddling at times to stir up the action at a table when I play short handed, and this had to be the most lucky I have ever been pre-flop. Low content, but it was so wild I just had to share it with you all.

This hand is from a pink chip game ($7.50/$15) hand I played this evening at the new Satellite Club in NYC 5 handed with Max Power, Slogger, Satelliter, and a 2+2 lurker.

Hero straddles (already you can tell this is going to be a fun one), all fold to big blind who calls. I raise and then decide to look at my cards and find A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB 4 bets, I cap it aat 5 bets (I can do this because the straddle was live).

10.5 SB to the Flop - Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB checks, I bet, and we cap the street.

7.25 BB to the Turn - Turn is 2 (suit unimportant). Check, Bet, Call.

9.25 BB to the river - River is J(suit unimportant). Check, Bet, Call.

BB shows 8Jo - 2 pair - Thats right, he 4 bet with 8Jo!!! Even heads up thats wild!
Hero shows Aces up.

Hero flashes a [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and takes the pot...