Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 01:30 AM

Default AQ Turn decision

Villain is 53/2/0.8.

My notes on him are" Retard. Coldcalled an open raise with K3s. Overplayed top pair bad kicker"

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero.... Plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: AQ Turn decision

If he's capable of c/r'ing a Q or draw or maybe less, then I may bet/3-bet. But most of the time, I play it straight and bet/calldown.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:20 AM

that would have to be the worst turn - if he was drawing to a flush or even J10 then he arrived - if he has an ace then its a split

i hate that checking the turn may let him draw to a random heart or perhaps a sick looking straight but i think its an ok plan - lets hope he feels a need to bluff the river

your notes say he is passive and that he overplayed top pair crap kicker - a bit confusing - its hard to define a chook by numbers

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 02-03-2005, 12:37 PM

yucky! I hate giving the free card in case he does have something I am ahead of, but the pot is semi small and if I get c/r im investing 3 bets calling him down and I may have to split. I risk the free card on this one and check.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:40 PM

Default \'Sults

Yea my notes and numbers ran somwewhat contrary. I bet, he checkraised, and I called him down, he had a King and I felt like the turn checkraise told me as much and I should've let go. This guy was one of my 30 or so "friends" that I follow around wherever I can. He doesn't bluff, and I feel like I should've known. I doubt he would've done this with a smaller ace on a 3-flush board....