Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 08:51 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Grandgnus New Table (pics) and new home poker Website!

Hey everyone!

I had a home poker website with my free Verizon webspace, but then upgraded my service with them, and they wiped out my website.....TWICE!

Needless to say, I've switched to Comcast AND I've also purchased www.triplethreatpoker.com for my home poker events in Massachusetts (still have some design work to do)

One of my players recently built this awesome table, check er out!

Old 02-02-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Grandgnus New Table (pics) and new home poker Website!

very nice table, i've got one like it at my house and works great. nice chips as well, what make are those? i love my set of paul sons. ill drop you a line to see where in MA you are if close enough i could hit up your game some time.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Grandgnus New Table (pics) and new home poker Website!

great table, i like the wood beside the rail for drinks/food.

the website is great! really well organized.

cheers
the Real Macoy
Old 02-02-2005, 09:17 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Drexah

Drex, got your email and replied back. My chips suck butt actually. I've got 1500 of the 11.5g dice chips (boo, hiss!) Wish I had Paulsons, maybe one day. I had custom labels created for them, front and back, so that people wouldn't constantly be asking me "what is this worth again?"

Plus, to keep people from just bringing in their own chips from home. We use KEM and Copag decks that are switched each event, to prevent anyone from knowing which deck to bring (I have many decks)
Old 02-02-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Re: The Real Macoy

[ QUOTE ]
great table, i like the wood beside the rail for drinks/food.

the website is great! really well organized.

cheers
the Real Macoy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the nice comments Real!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Drexah

Ah, i didn't look close enough at the chips [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] my set of paulsons isn't actually a set, but enough to use for a home game tourney (i have about 100 w/ denominations of 100 and 10) and i have two decks of Copag cards which i love. They are far better than KEM imo. Sounds like your game is run pretty smoothly with a lot of security (I haven't been to many games who use the plastic card cutters.)
Old 02-02-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Drexah-Security

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, i didn't look close enough at the chips [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] my set of paulsons isn't actually a set, but enough to use for a home game tourney (i have about 100 w/ denominations of 100 and 10) and i have two decks of Copag cards which i love. They are far better than KEM imo. Sounds like your game is run pretty smoothly with a lot of security (I haven't been to many games who use the plastic card cutters.)

[/ QUOTE ]

We learn as we go. Had a player awhile back who claimed his name was "bob smith" but he was a heavyset hispanic kid. It was back when I allowed rebuys for the first hour or two. He played like a maniac and did three rebuys, probably setting us up for his image of a reckless player.

Then I catch 7/7 and the flop is 5/6/7 with two clubs. I bet out, he moves all-in (he has me covered) He was chip leader at the table, so I'm trying to figure out if he stayed in with an 8/9, maybe two clubs. I call and he flips over 6/6, I'm in better shape than I thought!

He's dealing, and the fourth 6 is the next card he turns over, as he giggles with delight. After I was out, word is that he later dealt himself another set of quads, and he wound up going on to win the tourney. He had also dropped on me, at the last-minute, that he carried a firearm for "protection". Then he proceeded to show it off to other attendants at the event.

Needless to say, we have a strict no weapons/no drugs policy, and after we changed our rules to use a cut card to prevent bottom dealing (what we suspect this shady character of) he emailed me saying something came up and he couldn't attend the $100 buy-in event I was having in December.

I removed him from my list and that was the end of that. Unfortunately, with the popularity of the events, and the rise in prize pools, there are plenty of unsavory types looking to take advantage of the un-prepared. We do everything we can to keep the games entertaining, while also secure.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Chip denoms

@grandgnu

Love the setup!

What denoms are you using? (I can see that you have left out the rather boring whites and blues - Yes, I am also the very lucky owner of a set of Dice....)

/michael
Old 02-02-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Chip denoms

[ QUOTE ]
@grandgnu

Love the setup!

What denoms are you using? (I can see that you have left out the rather boring whites and blues - Yes, I am also the very lucky owner of a set of Dice....)

/michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Red=$5
Green=$25
Black=$100
Orange=$500
Purple=$1,000
Yellow=$5,000
Pink=$10,000

I know that purple is usually $500, but their color mixes in too much with the blacks, so I tried to keep like-colored chips away from one another in denominations.

I run events where you start with 2000 chips, and with 50K in chips, thus the need for the different colors and denoms.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Chip denoms

Hey gnu,

Can I join the dice chip owners hall of shame?

Just wondering, by the looks of your pictures it seems that the labels might make those chips a bit more stackable than they usually are. As in less slippery? You seem to have made some reasonably tall towers there -- how fragile were they?

Very nice table, by the way.

EDIT: and the web site is well done too.

Cheers,
--JTR.