Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Met Howard Lederer and Matt Savage the other night...

Howard held a seminar in Denver on Fri. and Sat. There was a tourney on Sat., where I was one of the dealers. There were almost 300 folks in the tourney, and no, I didn't have the privilege to actually deal to Howard.

However, I did get a chance to shake hands with Howard and exchange a few words. He did observe my table a few times and made comments on players moves, etc. I also did the tourist thing and asked him to sign a few KEM Aces for me. "Flop Em Dead, Howard Lederer"....LOL.

Howard was cool as hell, thanking me and other dealers for dealing and just a gracious guy in general.

On the other hand, Matt Savage can eat shyt and die. What a piece of shyt this guy is. He was insulting to me and several other dealers for no apparent reason (I admit that a few of the dealers were sub par, but not all of us. Still no reason to be a d!ck). He just had an "I am a great and have the right to be a TOTAL COCK to you" attitude to everyone. I had players at my table bitching about this guy. I'd kick this douche in the nuts if I ran into him in an alley. Oh well. He’s a piece of crap and I’m not – I win. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Met Howard Lederer and Matt Savage the other night...

i knew matt back at lucky chances when he was tournament manager there. a great guy.

matt
Old 02-02-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i knew matt back at lucky chances when he was tournament manager there. a great guy.

matt

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew him when he was TD at Bay101....oh wait, aparently he still is.
Very nice guy.

-SossMan
Old 02-02-2005, 03:06 PM

Default I\'ll chime in for Matt too

I knew him back when I lived in the Bay Area and he was the TD at Lucky Chances. Really nice guy.

Also he apparently instituted the "no tolerance for dealer abuse" policy at the WSOP.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:18 PM

IMHO Matt is the best at what he does...it sounds like some of your dealer brethren weren't the best he has worked with and he got a little testy. At least he was trying to make the tournament better for the players by pressuring the dealers to do a good job.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:35 PM

matt tried to grab my cock at TD once.