Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 04:09 AM

Default KQo from the SB with 3 flush on board.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

next, i had just sat down, however the villain seemed a little overaggro. it's possible that he had just hit some good cards in the short time since i had been there, so i took that information with a grain of salt, but it did influence my decisions a little bit.

anyway, what do you guys think about the play on all streets?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: KQo from the SB with 3 flush on board.

I like this. I would have played it the same way. You're probably ahead, and even if you're not, the 3 flush makes it less likely you'll get 3 bet if behind. Nice hand.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:22 AM

sup homie,

i wouldn't do this on this board once its heads up. i'd 3-bet the flop and lead the turn mainly cuz i don't want him getting a free card if he decides to check behind on this board.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sup homie,

i wouldn't do this on this board once its heads up. i'd 3-bet the flop and lead the turn mainly cuz i don't want him getting a free card if he decides to check behind on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i thought about the free card. however, his raise first to act after my bet screamed K to me, and i thought it likely meant that whatever he had, it wasn't something with which he'd be taking a free card.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:53 AM

That's the way I would play it as well. You probably have the best hand here. If he caps it or raise you on the turn then I guess it's time to slow down.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:50 PM

any other help out there?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:26 PM

Assuming you go the CR route, why not wait until the river to CR, seeing as youre HU? This allows you to save a bet if the river is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 02-01-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you go the CR route, why not wait until the river to CR, seeing as youre HU? This allows you to save a bet if the river is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

not a bad thought... might it be worthwhile to perhaps fold the guy before the river in case he has a tiny diamond, however?