Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Do I suck or am I just running badly? I submit that i suck :(

Over the past 10k hands i've gone on the dreaded -300 BB run. Of course this leads to self doubt and "am i really a winner" popping into my head a lot. Would any 2-3bb/100 winners mind letting me pour over their PTracker databases. I know this gives an awful lot of info about your own playing style, but i'm desperate. As far as my own raw Ptracker stats go they're fairly mundane, with the exception of WTSD and PFR% which schneids has been so kind to point out to me.

VPIP 20.19%
PFR 11.42%
W$WSF 34.4%
WTSD 36.84%
W$SD 47.57%
Folded SB to steal 78%
Folded BB 56.7%
Attempted to steal 18.6%
BB/100 -3.09
Old 01-31-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Do I suck or am I just running badly? I submit that i suck :(

PFR - as you mentioned not high enough, maybe you are overlimping with 1 limper and Axs when this should be a raise or limping AJo i'm not sure. Personally I have no trouble reaching 15 which most people recommend and usually hover a little too high at 18-19.

WtSD is high but as has been pointed out numerous times this is really a style issue.

Your steal stats are weird....

You don't steal enough and probably defend a little more than I think is optimal at low limits where most raises regardless of position are legitimate. The converse is that at low limits people will fit or fold on the flops meaning you can steal quite a lot. Your steal should be up to atleast 30, I personally aim for mid-high 30s. I would defend in the SB only 85-90 and BB 60-65, these numbers can drop some but if you're not confident about your postflop play then I think they shouldn't be this low yet.

What is so striking is that you are defending with such a number of hands yet your VPIP is still quite low, if I defended that much and stole at my current level of 37.29 I think my VPIP would be almost 30.

Can you post your agr factors on each street as well as Fold to River Bet stat?
Old 02-01-2005, 12:03 AM

flop 3.31
turn 3.01
river 1.97

When folds :

Never 17.87%
Pre-flop 67.90%
Flop 8%
Turn 3.69%
River 2.54%

Folded to a river bet 44.93%
Old 02-01-2005, 05:11 AM

I say: let us see more of these kind of posts. Maybe the "I truly believe 7BB/100 is possible" noobs might get the message, and realise they are not a poker God after all.

What limit is this sample size over? and how many hands do you have at that limit?
Old 02-01-2005, 05:17 AM

Hey when I break even at 5/10 I'll make a post 26k hands and counting.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Over the past 10k hands i've gone on the dreaded -300 BB run. Of course this leads to self doubt and "am i really a winner" popping into my head a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel this strongly right now. Playing poker is anything but fun when you always know that someone will hit the river in any big pot.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:32 AM

I have about -1bb/100 over my first/last 10,000 hands at 5/10 6-max. My stats look something like this:

VPIP: 20.5%
PFR: 15%
VPIP SB: 30%
Fold SB: 85%
Fold BB: 64%
AtSB: 34%
Won $ WSF: 39.6%
Went to SD: 32%
Won $ at SD: 54%
Aggression: Total (2.7), 3.3/2.6/1.7
Check-raise: 1.32%
Folded to river bet: 41%

Just to compare.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:55 AM

While I am probably a 1.5-2 BB/100 5/10 player (I have 28k hands thus far), I will give my standard comments.

I like VP$IP around 25% in the 6 max game. Big pots come from good not great hands. The goal is big pots. Take a few chances - especially in position.

Whenever I see flop and turn aggression >2.5, I suspect over betting. My bias is that numbers like this come when you are not paying enough attention to your opponents. I suggest you review you losing starting hands to check for some clues here.

Check you VP$IP at each position. Do you take advantage of position enough?

We all go through downturns - it is part of the game. Usually when I am running bad, I can analyze my data and find some leaks.

Good luck!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:49 AM

I have about 30k hands at 1/2 6m, when i began i was signifigantly looser (27-28), went to showdown more, won about the same % I was a small winner <1bb/100 on average =/ This swing put me in the red total for 30k hands.

edit: also i "KNOW" that there is some bad luck contributing to this run as over the past 10k hands KK is a loser, AKs/o down through ATs/o are all in the red or barely green. JJ TT are also break even. That makes me think hey it's just bad luck, but i once again "KNOW" that's not all it is.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 AM

Raise more, steal more.

Dont know about the rest and can see postflop play in the stats..