Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 10:00 PM

Default 40-80 Turn Play

Playing in a good 40-80 game at Borgata. On this hand, a few people are walking, folded to me in LP and I raise with K10o. Only the BB calls...he is a seemingly solid regular; he has some game though and will checkraise-bluff, etc. if he feels its the right play (this seems to happen a lot in this game...even 3-betting the turn on a semibluff). The flop comes Q-2-3 rainbow. He checks, I bet, he calls. The turn is an offsuit 10. He checks, I check. The river is a 5. He bets, I call. Comments? Results later.

Jeff
Old 01-31-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: 40-80 Turn Play

what day was this, you know what the players name was?
Dave
Old 01-31-2005, 11:03 PM

If he does a fair bit of bluff-raising why not give him an opportunity to do it when you hit your pair on the turn?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:23 PM

I'd probably bet the turn, but a bluff induction is not bad either. I think the turn is close either way.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:34 PM

Dave,

It was Sunday afternoon. Not sure of the guy's name because I'm not a Borg regular...he was mid 30's-40's,clean-cut, and liked betting the horses, gave everyone tips on the tracks, etc.

Jeff
Old 02-01-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he does a fair bit of bluff-raising why not give him an opportunity to do it when you hit your pair on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

agree
Old 02-01-2005, 12:19 AM

Slicked back hair? Italian looking? Little heavy set?
Old 02-01-2005, 12:22 AM

He does do his share of fancy moves, but would he really pick this board to try to bluff raise me? I could have AQ and will probably see the river in this game with AK. I could also have a stronger hand. On a queen-rag board, I don't know if he'd call the flop, checkraise turn with total garbage. Make the flop JJ9 or something maybe. He could have flopped a set or 2's or 3's or has some kind of queen. Plus the check could induce a bluff on the end or I value bet if checked to..just some thoughts. More comments appreciated (sorry if this rambling, I'm kinda drugged up on cold medicine right now).

Jeff
Old 02-01-2005, 12:29 AM

Hmmm...yes on the first two descriptions, but I don't think he was fat. He seemed thin/average to me, but I didn't see him stand up (then again, I'm a little heavy set myself, so maybe my judgement is off). He always had a racebook in his hand...tries to keep the game moving...slicked back hair, italian looking i guess (I'm bad with that). I know he is a very regular player there (and he's not the guy that always falls asleep at the table and never leaves).

Jeff
Old 02-01-2005, 12:34 AM

Hrm the guy I'm thinking isn't too tricky and doesn't pull many moves though. But he does fall asleep at the table, is a racebook junky and very regular...and occassionally smells from "residual" visits to his room and/or car for some quick "smokes".

Probably not the same guy though, as he tends to sit 40/80 when he is stuck and is pretty tight except when he gets into sleep deprivation and/or is winning alot.