Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Micro Limits: Cashout Curse. Does it exist

I have been running into more than a few guys on PP talking about the "cashout curse". The contention is that PP penalizes you when you make a sizeable cashout with a series of bad beats. The rationale is that PP (or any other site for that matter) has your money in an interest bearing account. The less money you leave in your account, the less they make off you. So to keep you from liquifying part of your BR, they make you pay for a short time, so that next time you think to cashout you think of the curse and think better of it.

I have always thought this was a bunch of garbage, especially at the .50/1 tables I frequent. First, a curse at this lower limit would discourage a player from moving up, where you're more likely to maintain a higher BR. Second, if I think I'm getting "cursed", I am less likely to play a site or refer a friend there, which decreases the overall rake. Finally, if I thought the site was rigged, I wouldn't be playing there in the first place.

However, many swear this stuff actually happens. I have built a rather sizeable BR and would like to know others' experiences from cashing out.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Micro Limits: Cashout Curse. Does it exist

no.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been running into more than a few guys on PP talking about the "cashout curse".

[/ QUOTE ]

Retards.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:15 PM

It doesn't exist just like Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster and eskimos (someone correct me, I know I have this quote wrong).
Old 01-31-2005, 04:26 PM

in my experience

cashouts are usual done after a fairly good winning upswing, these upswings are often times followed by a downswing which is what you are experiencing by my guess. party poker has no reason to worry about you withdrawing a couple hundred bucks from their millions they probably have in cash reserves.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:32 PM

The cashout curse exists, just like the Loch ness Monster, Bigfoot, and Eskimos.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:34 PM

This is what is commonly known as complete bollocks around my way. Although Party could blame the odd server crash on ten people who've all cashed out lately sitting at one table and the Mega Rigging Software not knowing which hapless punter to juice up to punish you for daring to cash out, and it wasn't even a full moon either!! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 04:35 PM

Of course the cashout curse is real. Don't you believe everything you read on the internet? I mean, you are being given a poker player's own personal account of an experience. Take it as absolute truth.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:41 PM

I have a sacred tiki doll that shields me from the cashout curse. There is a long and involved ritual involved to completely banish the evil spirits.

I can help you. But it wont be cheap.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a sacred tiki doll that shields me from the cashout curse. There is a long and involved ritual involved to completely banish the evil spirits.

I can help you. But it wont be cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll give Party Points for one cashout curse exorcism via tiki doll. My offer does not apply to any exorcism performed without tiki dolls. You must also allow me to speak with the spirits afterwards.