Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2005, 07:47 PM

Default My online poker journey begins

Well my new computer arrived a couple of days before expected and damn is it sweet. Its real nice going from a P3 600Mhz emachines running Win98 to a P4 3.0 Ghz dell running XP.

Got my Caribbean Sun account working, and I decided I would start whoring there first. Played one session so far, just a single table of $1-$2 6 max. Played about an hour and a half, up 25BB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I wish it could be like that every time.

Thanks everyone for all the help, and hopefully in a month or so, the bankroll will be big enough to make my deposits at Party and such so I can come play some games/tourneys with you guys.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: My online poker journey begins

Good luck, and come play on party ASAP, that's where the real money's at.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:09 PM

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2005, 08:10 PM

I'd kill myself if I was still using a P3 600Mhz. I got rid of my K6-2 500Mhz 5 years ago and it was even outdated then.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:52 PM

Geez I dunno, I'm loving these cryptos lol. Second session, up another 25BB in like 45 mins. I know it can't go on like this forever, but damn this is fun.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:10 AM

Default End of day 1

Just thought I'd give an update on how my first day went for anyone who cares. Spent about 4 hours playing on Caribbean, and did quite well for myself. I'm up about 50BB for the day plus I cleared my $40 bonus. Total effect has more than doubled my bankroll (its now almost 1/2 of what I actually need to be playing 1/2 properly).

It's been a lot of fun, and I'm definetly thankful to 2+2. Even though I know this is extremely short term, I would not have done near this well today had I not read these forums. I've already saved many bets that I otherwise would have lost.

Only bad part is I don't have my PINs for the cryptos yet, and I hear the Neteller cashout for Caribbean is about 60 hours. Looks like it will probably be at least friday before I can move on to the next site.

Suggestions for the mean time? Take a break for a while? Or is it possible that I can consistently beat the 1/2 games and I should keep playing there until the PIN comes? Or since Tuesday is the start of Feb, can I get the Caribbean bonus again?
Old 01-30-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: End of day 1

I'm in a similar situation, waiting for PINs to be sent. Have cleared my bonuses at Carribean Sun, PokerPlex, InterPoker and William Hill. Roll is 4X what I started with. I've kept playing, exploring what times of day the tables are softest, etc. and learning more about the game. Most sessions are uppers, but I've had a few down sessions as well. Sometime those tables are tight as a drum, guess it's when the 2+2ers are whoring bonuses.

Whatever.

So I just get into a game for a few loops around the ring, try to play a little better than break-even, and then take a break and read more about limit Hold-em. Just having fun playing, learning, and mostly earning!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:50 AM

You probably know, but i quick reminder if you're starting out...

rakeback, rakeback, rakeback