Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Soft games during the week in Vegas

I know I've seen some similar threads to this one but I didn't want to hijack them. Anyway, I'll be in Vegas on Monday and I'm looking to find a good place to make some money at nl on a weekday. From what I gather, $200 is the minimum buy-in at most places in $1-$2. This is my 2nd time in Vegas and the 1st since I've been playing poker so I'd like to go somewhere where the locals won't run all over me at the table. Anyone have any good suggestions? TIA!
Old 01-28-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Soft games during the week in Vegas

I was there midweek (Mon.-Wed.) last November and found the Excalibur 1/2 NL and the Mandalay Bay 2/4 NL games both very beatable both during the day and in the evenings. There were locals in both games (some of the same players in fact) but they were not all that good. No offense to the Vegas 2+2ers, but just because someone lives in Vegas doesn't mean they're any good at poker...
Old 01-28-2005, 06:00 PM

$100 min/max at Excalibur was the softest game I found at any time.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:37 PM

The 1/2 NL game at the Aladdin is very easy during the weekdays. The tournaments start breaking around 130-2pm and they all have the itch to play NL. Usually 2-3 games can be found at any time after 1pm. 40 min 100 max buy in on that game.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:52 PM

Also might be looking for a tournament to play in. Anyone have any suggestions on a good tournament?
Old 01-30-2005, 09:27 PM

Sahara $ 40 buy in one $ 20 rebuy 7PM
Old 01-31-2005, 03:29 PM

I played the Ballys 1/2 NL midday on a Monday. The game was generally soft with one or two folks who would try to bluff with a nonthreatening board. One of these latter paid me off big when I eventually took a stand with a solid hand. The rest of the players tended to bet with substandard hands and hung onto junk way too long. The game broke up in the midafternoon, but I believe the floor said it usually runs at night. I'm a relative newbie who just played solid cards and pushed hard with made hands and I took $345 out of the game.

Also second the Excalibur mention, though sometimes very good players slum here. Try it late, when the alcohol the LAGs are swilling begins to take effect.