Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 11:05 PM

Default First \"big\" MTT win

Played the UB 12am $5 + .50 last night (Wed) and took 1st out of 572 for a $900 prize. Only other large field tourney I took 1st in was an intertops freeroll when I beat out 500 ish players for a $135 prize after showing up an hour late.

I'd played this tourney before, but always got busted out close to the bubble (50th). For this game I decided to work on 2 things that had been causing me to lose in previous attempts: 1) avoiding traps--I've been suckered a lot holding TPTK and calling an all-in reraise. 2) aggressive stealing when situationally appropriate. My attempts at stealing before were too infrequent and too timid in bet sizes.

When it came to heads up, I was short stacked with approx 130k chips to his approx 600k chips. He made a big mistake by calling too much when he was sb and thus allowing me to see flop cheaply. This allowed me to catch some 2 pair hands with crap like 74 off. He should have used his huge stack lead to put more pressure on me.

Can't wait to play tonight!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: First \"big\" MTT win

Hey, congratulations man. I just made my first final table today, so I know how it feels to finally break though. Keep it up.