Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Flop K High Flush... Post Flop Play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (9 handed) converter

MP3 ($43.02)
CO ($19.25)
Hero ($27.3)
SB ($59.45)
BB ($24.25)
UTG ($25.75)
UTG+1 ($50.65)
MP1 ($25)
MP2 ($25.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.75. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.50, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls $2, CO calls $2.

Flop: ($8.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>...

Any suggestions as to how to play this hand post flop?

ViperBull
Old 01-27-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Flop K High Flush... Post Flop Play?

What's your question, exactly? You scared of the nut flush? I wouldn't worry about that. Play it aggressively, bet the pot on every street. Party doesn't give you enough chips to play scared.

If a 4th hits you're pretty much done, since you have both the K and the Q. "Noone" is drawing to a J high with 3 spades already on the board. Go for a cheap showdown, if not muck it.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:10 PM

Both players folded after my bet. I was tempted to either check or make a small bet to induce a bluff. Are either of those options wise here, or is just best to do as I did and bet the pot to take it down?

I think a major hole in my game is not extracting enough value when I have winning hands and I'm trying to fix that. After this hand was over I felt like I blew an opportunity to make some more money on it.

ViperBull
Old 01-27-2005, 10:31 PM

This is not a hand you can extract much value from. Unless you have one of those great reads, like you know your opponents never play the ace of spades [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]