Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Exhibit A in the trail of Fish status VS jon_1van

Judge :: Jon_1van, you are here today to defend yourself against fish status. What have you to say for yourself???

Me :: All I have is this Hand History. It should clearly demonstrate that I am a compentent player

Exhibit A ::

Party Poker 3/6 8 handed

Seat 1: XXX XXX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ______CALL
Seat 2: XXX XXX 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] __________FOLD
Seat 3: XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ______________FOLD
hero 4: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] __________________CALL
Seat 5: XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ______________________CALL
Seat 6: XXX XXX 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] __________________________FOLD
Seat 7: XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ______________________________CALL
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] _BRING

4th

Seat 1: XXX XXX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]____________CALL
hero 4: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]________________CALL
Seat 5: XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_BET
Seat 7: XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]____CALL
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]________CALL

comment in white <font color="white"> Here I call only because I close the action. My thoughts went..."no one paired their door....well I close the action ok....click call....wait I should look to see if my sixes are still live...oops too late" </font>

5th

Seat 1: XXX XXX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]____________RAISE_____________CAP
hero 4: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_________________3-BET___________CALL
Seat 5: XXX XXX A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_BET__________________FOLD
Seat 7: XXX XXX Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]____FOLD
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]________CALL______________CALL_______CALL

comment in white <font color="white"> Nice, I catch my one outer. And at the same time some guy who gets Aces up jizzes in his pants. SCORE.....wait...why did he cap?
</font>

6th

Seat 1: XXX XXX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]________RAISE_________CAP
hero 4: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_BET_________3-BET_______CALL
Seat 8: XXX XXX 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]____CALL__________FOLD

River

Seat 1: XXX XXX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] XXX____RAISE_________CAP
hero 4: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_BET_____CALL

comment in white <font color="white"> have 12 dollars </font>

Final pot 177 dollars

Judge :: You are hearby sentanced to forever wear a helmet and mittens. You cannot be trust to not hit your head on things or to not put your fingers in things like electric pencil sharpeners. Balif, put the fish brand in the fire.

Me :: NOOOOOO I don't want to be a fish

Judge :: Shut the F__k UP !!! You have been found guily. And you MUST be branded.

Me :: IT BURNS AHHHHHHHHHH IT BURNS

Final comment :: Let my public shame forever remind you that you can't get yourself out of a hole by doing the same damn thing that got you in it

PS : I was even for the night
Old 01-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Exhibit A in the trail of Fish status VS jon_1van

There is room in my cell over at the poker jail - why don't you come visit. I was sent there a few days ago. I was let out last night on a day pass though - behaved myself and won $260 at 3/6. I saw you at the tables, but missed this particular explosion. Funny post [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2005, 02:56 PM

So was this guy slow playing rolled kings? - as things turned out, the other aces were dead, so his fifth street ace seems to mean nothing. If he was slow playing, then he is close to being guilty as me when I waited to long to start betting rolled aces. Make more room over at poker prison.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:05 PM

He did indeed have rolled Kings. And as things turned out. I was 36% to win going into the river. So had I not 3 bet I could have kept the other customer around I would have been on a slim +EV move assuming he couldn't draw beat a straight (about 1/2 my outs)
Old 01-27-2005, 03:33 PM

So looking back now, would you have been as fishy if villain had completed the bring in or raised on fourth?
Old 01-27-2005, 04:37 PM

The third-street call is fine. The fourth-street call is terrible, though. One of your Sixes is gone, and on a lesser note, two Sevens are gone as well.

Nice catch on fifth. I like the three-bet, but I'm a little concerned about the guy capping. You've announced trip Sixes, and he's announced that he doesn't care. Maybe he didn't hear you.

I think three-betting sixth is OK, although against a lot of opponents I will go into check-and-call mode after he raises. Once he caps again, I think you have to give all but the nuttiest opponents credit for a larger set, and check and call from there on.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:48 PM

see my hidden comment about the 4th street call. I just checked that no one paired the door before I called...once I called then it dawned on me to check for the 6s....bad ordering I know

I was definetly concerned when he capped 5th

My 6th street 3 bet was bad because I will only keep around people who have me beat. I should have called to get more money in the pot from someone else. Also I should know that I'm beat here.

I do have problems "knowing" but not "doing" right
Old 01-27-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was let out last night on a day pass though - behaved myself and won $260 at 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be nice.. Jon and I are in somewhat of a slump at these tables. Maybe I'll watch your wizardry one of these nights.

**Side note... I finished just out of the money in a NLH multi. These tourneys are fun, and I recommend them to take a break from the stud tables.

**** Does anyone know if Mike Emery still plays on party? Or, did he give all of his money away for a night with RichBich69?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:50 PM

Hi there Beer - there is no wizardry going on. I got lucky hitting some very well hidden hands. I fell into a slump in January as well. This was one of my rare good sessions. January has been full of suck outs with guys catching miracle cards on the river. When I am ahead in a hand, I bet pretty hard so these sessions have been expensive. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would be suspicious because my slump started immediatly after a sizeable cash out. Just a coincidence I am sure.

I'd be interested from the old timers here what there longest prolonged slump has been. Mine is going on a month - I play just about every day.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:35 PM

Stream, thanks for the response.. I feel like the players are getting worse, which is frustrating..

These are how my sessions are going:

*Build a monster pot with a four flush that never comes in.

*Get a big pair like aces or kings heads up, and it gets run down.

*Get a big hand only to run into a bigger hand

*Get a huge hand, and no one's in the pot.

*Get sucked out on by a miserable catch..

*Bet my trips on the river into a flush.

You name it, its gone wrong.