Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 01:16 PM

Default average hand turns into big hand

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter
Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

i bet here to try to protect my hand and see where i was at compared to the other players hands

Turn: (10.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

the pot is huge and the pot odds are overwhelming so i have to call

River: (14.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

so now i make a nut flush on the river. at the same time the board pairs and we cap

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

I pretty much turned a hand that i normally fold into a drawing hand that turned into a river nut flush. pls critique this play first and then read the results . thx

results are below in white

<font color="#FFFFFF">Altitude18k shows [ Ks, Ah ] a full house, Kings full of aces.
whippey1 doesn't show [ 4d, 4s ] a full house, Fours full of kings.
Texass97 doesn't show [ 9d, Ad ] two pairs, aces and kings.
DBurk2 doesn't show [ Qc, 9c ] a flush, ace high.
Altitude18k wins $14.75 from side pot #1 with a full house, Kings full of aces.
Altitude18k wins $13.5 from the main pot with a full house, Kings full of aces.
</font>
Old 01-27-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: average hand turns into big hand

welcome.
sub 2/4 goes in micro.
don't include the results, it may skew the responses.
never include your opponents names..
check out the converter link in most of the hand posts.

PF: fine (you said you normally fold this here? don't. its a great hand for 1/2 price)

Flop: the bet is fine, but not for the reasons you gave. you have nothing to protect and you know where you stand. you need a flush to win. cap it for value.

turn: good

river: cap looks fine once everyone else stays in. you could check-raise-cap it instead.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet here to try to protect my hand and see where i was at compared to the other players hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Protect what? Your Q high? Your bet was good but for reasons you seem to be missing. It was a good value bet. You should have capped the flop.

Othewise it looks fine.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:25 PM

thx for the input. im new to the forums and forgot to post in micro limit (my fault). and ur right i was betting for value because i had nothing to protect.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:25 PM

Also, Welcome to the forums.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:26 PM

I think you should cap the flop, your pot equity seems high enough. Since BB bet out turn (and didn't cap the flop), you are a little confused as to what he has.
I think after that you played it fine, since it's hard to put on anyone but 44 or 88 (AK or AA would've likely pf raised), so you have the 3rd nuts in my book. I think when you get capped on the river, you might be in trouble, but the 3-bet is fine. I think a c/r would be better on the river.

edit: noticing it's .5/1, getting capped on the river isn't TOO bad.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:29 PM

I disagree, I think with that much action on the flop (which I too would cap btw) I would say one of them would have a set at least 50% of the time if not more, thus once I bet out and got raised on the river, I would just call.

T
Old 01-27-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, I think with that much action on the flop (which I too would cap btw) I would say one of them would have a set at least 50% of the time if not more, thus once I bet out and got raised on the river, I would just call.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

BB didn't cap (or check-raise the turn) and UTG didn't raise the turn bet.. it doesn't look like a set is out there.

besides, if its only 50% likely, then a cap is +EV since Hero is putting in much less than 50% of the bets.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:33 PM

yeah i wasnt rlly expecting a set, which i should of, until near the end when the board paired. and for capping the flop, is that for value?
Old 01-27-2005, 01:37 PM

You're right, my bad.

I'd have a very hard time 3 betting this given the pair on the board and the action on the flop, it got three bet on the flop with two people calling cold, something about seems to say to me someone has to have better then 2 pair.

But you're right, if a set is only 50% likely, then capping is +EV.

T