Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 09:56 PM

Default what of preflop limp re-raisers?

assuming no previous reads, if someone limps ahead of you and then re-raises your preflop raise, what should you assume his action indicates? slow playing AA/KK? trying to narrow the field assuming you cap? small pp looking better due to already narrowed field? in general, what course of action would you rec.?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: what of preflop limp re-raisers?

I would only be scared of AA/KK if the limp-reraiser was in early position. However, I've seen way too many people limp from mid-late position and then reraise with marginal hands because they want to gambool and build a big pot. Sometimes people are just irritated that you raised after they limped yet AGAIN. In their mind they want to teach you a lesson, and most of the time they don't have the cards to back it up. Cap it preflop against a late position limp-reraiser (provided you didn't get out of line with QJ or something - I'm assuming you've got a legitimate raising hand).
Old 01-26-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: what of preflop limp re-raisers?

Fist i'd look at stats of limp-reraiser. And there is rule of thumb: if it is TA with good stats - Fear AA or KK. If you have lot of hands on him may be you already has been limp-reraised - look with what.
But if it is loose-agressive or LP try to remember:
1. Are you stealed blinds from him some minutes ago?
2. Are you pushed him to throw away best hand?
3. Is there any words from him in chat?

Well when some of this condition applies i suspect player on tilt and he can have ANY possible hand - don't mind this limp-reraise and consider it as ordinary PF raise but from passive player...