Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Typical situation

Pacific Poker 1/2. No reads.

I have black 9's on the button.

All fold to CO who limps, I raise, BB and CO call.

Flop: A-A-6 rainbow (3 players, 3.25 BBs)

BB checks, CO bets, I raise, BB folds, CO 3 bets, I call.

Turn- T (2 players, 6 BBs)

CO bets,

Should I call down here or just give it up? Generally people try to slowplay flopped trips but this guy has been betting/raising into a pre-f raiser and I'm wondering if its worth 2BBs to look him up.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Typical situation

I usually fold this. You may be good here 1 in 4, but it would be very, very close.

-d
Old 01-26-2005, 06:06 PM

Raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet. Take the free showdown if you'd like.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:12 PM

This is close, but I'm tending to fold in this small pot on the turn. People love Ax for x arbitrary at this level. If it's TT-JJ or higher I'm calling down usually.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:17 PM

I fold this. Any A or T has you beat and you're drawing to 2 outs (or drawing dead to an A). Small pot. Fold.

[ QUOTE ]
This is close, but I'm tending to fold in this small pot on the turn. People love Ax for x arbitrary at this level. If it's TT-JJ or higher I'm calling down usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your view is that the threat is Ax because people love playing it at this level (with which I do not disagree), why would holding TT or JJ (or even QQ or KK) cause you to play differently than 99?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this. Any A or T has you beat and you're drawing to 2 outs (or drawing dead to an A). Small pot. Fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your view is that the threat is Ax because people love playing it at this level (with which I do not disagree), why would holding TT or JJ (or even QQ or KK) cause you to play differently than 99?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I probably wasn't clear. I'm not only worried about Ax, but overcards can come. JJ or QQ is much less vulnerable to overcards than 99 (you can figure out the math, it's a bit surprising).
Old 01-26-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet. Take the free showdown if you'd like.

[/ QUOTE ]

That basically costs me the same as calling down and also allows him to easily get away from a 6 doesn't it? Also if he 3 bets and I fold then I miss the chance to spike my boat. I'm not seeing thr advantages to the free showdown here.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pacific Poker 1/2. No reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let it go. The pot is small, you're (hopefully) early in your session, and you've got a marginal situation.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:25 PM

I think you should call this down HU. The CO's play screams weakness because he open-limped from such a late position (and didn't reraise preflop when given the chance, effectively ruling out a strangely played big pocket pair). My guess is that although it's possible that he has Ax like others have suggested, it's much more likely that he has a suited connector with a six (56, 67, 68, etc) or a small pocker pair. If he has Ax or 66, then nh. Most of the time, however, you're probably best to let him keep betting his low two pair. Your 99 is too good to fold here given the preflop action.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:27 PM

Way over aggressive to raise the turn here. I'd definitely lean towards folding as well. There is too slim a chance you will see someone 3-bet the flop and lead the turn with a hand that 9s will beat on this board. If you're beat, you're drawing pretty slim.