Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Late position QQ thought process critique

$10 Party Multi, hundreds left to the money, blinds 50/100

Me in LP (say, CO-1) with QQ and about 1050 in chips

UTG+2 raises to 200 (he has me covered), fold around to late MP who raises all in for 875

I have notes on the EP min-raiser that tell me he probably isn't playing AA or KK. smaller PP or A-BigKicker

I think all-in in MP is pushing a small to mid PP (77-TT)

Not much difference here between calling and pushing, in terms of fold equity, is there? If someone will call 875, another 175 isn't going to get them to fold. I think I don't mind overcalls, but how to get them?

If you were one of the blinds, or the EP min-raiser, would you be more likely to call if I push or if I flat call?

Regards

Gar
Old 01-26-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Late position QQ thought process critique

I guess it would only matter if I felt that my stack could take the 875, but not the 1050 in terms of implied odds (something like a small pair). I don't think it would matter much, so I'd probably just push. Flat calling and putting in the remainder on any flop would be fine, too, I guess. It would give someone the chance to make a huge flop FTOP error.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:38 PM

You really have no room to get tricky here, nor is this a hand you really want to try and get tricky with.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:21 PM

Not trying to get tricky, really. I think I'm ahead of both raisers, and I want to get as many chips in the pot as I can.

The only way I can do that, now that one of us is all in, is to get calls by one or more of the remaining players still to act.

My choices are 1) call, or 2) push for another 175.

Which do you think is more likely to get callers? Why?

Regards

Gar
Old 01-26-2005, 05:06 PM

Well unless they are brain dead, could very well be [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], You are telling them you have a monster with a flat call. If you call they know you are going to showdown you aren't leaving 1.75BBs for safe keeping. If you had alittle more left behind like 1000-2000 I could see this giving a player alittle more incentive to call for the implied odds. Being that a flat call leaves mainly the pot odds being offered, I dont see anyone calling either way unless the have a big hand like AK or possible JJ, AA-KK lol insta call.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 PM

I would not be calling unless I had AA, KK, or AK--maybe KQ, QJ, QQ or JJ if I was still going to have a reasonable stack afterwards. Anything else and I'm a believer.