Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 02:37 PM

Default I\'m getting sick of Party fast...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

CO ($23)
Hero ($23.25)
SB ($28.35)
BB ($16.95)
UTG ($25)
UTG+1 ($25)
UTG+2 ($21.25)
MP1 ($43.9)
MP2 ($23.15)
MP3 ($25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.75, BB folds, UTG folds.

Flop: ($5) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $17.25 (All-In), SB calls $11.25.

Turn: ($47.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($47.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $47.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Kd Kc (two pair, kings and tens).
Hero has Ad Qs (two pair, queens and tens).
Outcome: SB wins $47.50. </font>

Is it more profitable at the 6-max tables?
Old 01-26-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: I\'m getting sick of Party fast...

I havent played the full ring,but i've played lots of short handed 5/10 and I think the 6max attracts the real loose players. Every table i've been at has had at least 1, and often 3 people that are 75% seeing the flop.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:49 PM

Is it me or does this look pretty standard? I mean he could have re-raised pre flop but took a shot at an A not hitting and it paid off. It would have been different had he not raised you on the flop. What did you think he had when he came over the top? KQ?
Old 01-26-2005, 02:50 PM

Yes, 6max is far more profitable. For me, with proper table selection, it's easier to beat 100NL 6max than 25NL full ring. I think I read somewhere here that one fish in a 6max game is better than 3 or 4 in a full ring.

In the hand I think u played fine, with these short stacks there's not much you can do with TPTK. many times villain will have QJ, Q4 etc.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:51 PM

Yeah what a suckout. I hate it when AQ gets taken down by KK.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:53 PM

Umm.. when did I say I got sucked out? I'm just asking if I played it right. Don't be a jackass.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:05 PM

Well, to be honest, you never actually asked if you played it right. And the original post and title sounded like a complaint instead of a request for help. As to your original question, I think this hand could happen on either the 6max or the full-ring games. I also think that 6max is more profitable but with higher variance. There is looser play and more aggression, but if that suits your style, you should give it a go. Good luck.

- ToT
Old 01-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Anytime I post a hand, it is so people will comment on my play. I'm not one to whine and want people to feel sorry for me if I lose some money. I just want people to let me know if I played the hand right or wrong. And if wrong, where did I got wrong.

From what someone said, when I was raised on the flop I should've laid it down. All I want is comments on my play.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:17 PM

As others have said, when your opponent plays back at you you need to stop and think what he could have. If you don't already have it, get Poker Tracker and use it here.

In this instance, your opponent could be playing back a you with one of four hands:
1. a better hand (as turned out to be the case);
2. a pure bluff;
3. a semi-bluff;
4. a second best hand like KQ.

Looking at PT stats will help you figure out which is the case.

For example, if your opponent has a very low aggression factor, you can immediately rule out 2 &amp; 3. If he goes to showdown a lot but rarely wins at showdown, number 4 is most likely. If he wins most showdowns, number 1 is the favorite. Making informed decisions is the key to winning at poker.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm.. when did I say I got sucked out? I'm just asking if I played it right. Don't be a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like was said, you didn't ask anything of the sort, and your title implied some kind of frustration. You didn't play it poorly at all, it's hard to lay down TPTK in that situation.