Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 02:25 PM

Default I deserve rakeback! Why make a fake Identity?

Excuse my bold title. It is, perhaps, an exaggeration. I certainly wasn't here first, but I do think I deserve rakeback.

I play a lot of poker online, particularly over the last 2 years. At the time I started I hadn't really heard of affiliates and rakebacks, I just wasn't in the know.

I have accounts at basically ALL the major/medium cardrooms online, but play mostly at UB and party, but not 1 single rakeback deal.

I know a lot of ppl would suggest to assume another identity and start anew, but this has some obvious problems.

I have been a good customer for years now, is there any possible non-fraudulent way for me to get in on for example www.rakereturns.com? Can the owner of that site negotiate with the pokerrooms on my behalf? Maybe a 1 time only 2+2 rake rebate amnesty day?

Or am I screwed?

Matt

PS: Thanks to everyone here and on the rest of 2+2, my lurking has the most +EV move of my poker life.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: I deserve rakeback! Why make a fake Identity?

You dont have to make a fake identity! Just send PP an email saying you want to close your account...they will then send you an email basically begging you not too then just send one back saying close it now and they will and your good to make a new one under the same name with rake back!
Old 01-26-2005, 02:50 PM

Is it really this simple? Can this be varified by others here?

What about UB? Same thing?

Matt
Old 01-26-2005, 02:54 PM

Are you 100% sure you have an account already at Eurobet, Pokernow, Intertops...other Party skins? Pokerroom? If so, then try the email trick ilikeaces recommended but I'm not so sure it will work. If it does, why doesn't everyone close their accounts, search for the best rakeback deal and reopen.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: I was here first, I deserve rakeback!

we can't really discuss any particular rakeback business on this forum, but I can reply to you regarding your "need" for rakeback itself.

I don't know what limits you play or what your monthly hand volume is, but at lower stakes ($2/4 and below) that many players wager (even avid poker sharks), you are probably not leaving a significant amount of money behind by not having a rakeback deal. this is particularly true at Party Poker, where most players generally always have at least one or two monthly reload bonuses to work off, bonuses which will then be deducted from the gross revenue your affiliate is credited with to calculate rakeback with. many people interested in adding rakeback incorrectly believe that they can earn additional rebates on top of earning bonus dollars directly from the site at the same time. that would essentially be double billing the same play and it simply doesn't work that way.

In almost all situations, a player who just finished off whoring a signup or reload bonus on a site will have a net negative MGR with their affiliate and must play additional hands to first reach a zero balance, and THEN they will start earning rakeback, and even so at a significantly lower rate on a per raked hand basis compared to the bonus rate they had earlier.

even a heavy stakes 15/30 player who routinely plays for $3 raked pots of $60-70 above on 6-max tables will only realize a rakeback rate of about 12.5 cents per raked hand at a 25% affiliate rate, which translates to about 0.75BB/100 in refunds per month. this would be proportionally similar at lower limits (perhaps closer to 1.0BB/100), but with the additional handicap of having to work off any bonuses first at a significantly lower rake revenue share per hand.

my personal analysis is that rakeback is most beneficial for players who play significantly more hands each month to out-generate any and all bonus equivalents offered by the numerous sites available to play at, or that a heavy, mid-to-high stakes player prefers to spend most of his/her time on a single particular site, of which an occasional reload bonus figures to be a lower percentage of that player's concerned monthly rake paid. or due to the perception that the ability to make more money in actual play on a particular site outweighs the bonus earning potential of other competiting sites. if this does not decribe your playing profile, then it is very likely that you are not a major rakeback candidate.

I have not played poker online as long as you have but my situation is similar in that I have signed up at virtually every major site already without rakeback and it would be a slight hassle to convert any of them over to an affiliate. However, I find that I am overbooked with so many reload offers every month which pay significantly more per raked hand than a rakeback deal ever will at my playing levels, that I really can't regret not having rakeback to begin with. As a bored precaution I have actually signed up for one or two auxiliary sites with rakeback in place, in the unlikely event that I should have no where else to play that pays me at least 10-20 cents per hand. So far I have not earned nor had the need to earn a single penny of rakeback anywhere.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:06 PM

I almost forgot, go to Pokerchamps! You haven't signed up at that one yet.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what limits you play or what your monthly hand volume is, but at lower stakes ($2/4 and below) that many players wager (even avid poker sharks), you are probably not leaving a significant amount of money behind by not having a rakeback deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true for SnG players? I play about 20 $20+2 SnGs a day. With the 25% rakeback deal I just signed up for, I should be getting back about $10/day or ~$3600/year. That's a significant amount to me.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:24 PM

I told Party that if they didn't let me cancel my account and resign under an affiliate, I was closing up shop and taking my 10,000 hands elsewhere outside of clearing their bonuses.

They closed my account in 45 minutes.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I told Party that if they didn't let me cancel my account and resign under an affiliate, I was closing up shop and taking my 10,000 hands elsewhere outside of clearing their bonuses.

They closed my account in 45 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you phrase it? I would be afraid that they would just find out which one of the skins I was on and end up closing that account.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this true for SnG players? I play about 20 $20+2 SnGs a day. With the 25% rakeback deal I just signed up for, I should be getting back about $10/day or ~$3600/year. That's a significant amount to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
depends on whether they apply SNG fees towards bonus clearings. I'm not sure but off the top of my head Party Poker may not do this. However, I do know that the reload scheme at Poker Stars credits $1 bonus for every 5FPP's, so you are essentially getting rake-free action on your SNG's there as opposed to just 25% back at Party Poker. The reloads on PS are a bit few and far between, but at least they never expire. bonus-back rates for SNG's at UB (60% refund) and Pokerroom (71% refund) are also superior to the 25% that you'd get through a Party Poker affilate. looks like whores rule even at the SNG's...though your $1200 MGR volume is clearly enough to make an affilaite worthwhile as well.
Closed Thread