Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Quick question regarding Party bonuses when you\'re under an affiliate.

Hey Guys,
I'm new here but I've been loving every minute of the Zoo, keep it up all of you.

ANYHOW, I have a quick question that some of you can maybe answer.

There's a guy who's house I play a friendly game at once a week and he became an affiliate of party poker. He's a gracious host so I figured I'd do him a favor and sign up under him at Party and if I generated any substantial money he'd buy me grub or something at his game. I've recently made a rake back acct at Eurobet which is where i'll play on party when there is no bonus to clear I guess, so I'm not worried about being under him...

Anyhow, my post isn't about rakeback or anything like that, here's my question. I recently did the JANwhatever $20% bonus on a $750 deposit and got $150 back. I cleared it a couple of days ago and my buddy checked his affiliate acct today and he has a bonus of NEGATIVE 130 some odd bucks. He called PP and they said that someone who signed up under him had received a bonus for $150 and that comes out of his affiliate acct. I guess he should have read the terms better, but...what the hell? Maybe since he gets 20% of the rake 20% of the bonus should come out of his acct, but the whole damn thing? Are they robbing him or is this how it really works?

Basically...I feel bad for him but I'm sure he's made more than $150 off of me over the past couple of months so I'm not too worried about that, I just feel that what party told him today was ridiculous.

Can someone who is or knows about being a Party Poker affiliate please chime in on this one with some insight?

Thanks again guys.
-Sammo~!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Quick question regarding Party bonuses when you\'re under an affiliate.

Others might be able to give you more info, but I think this is normal. I've had negative rakeback from Empire during a month due to only playing while I was working off a bonus.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Quick question regarding Party bonuses when you\'re under an affiliate.

All bonuses come out of the affiliate's cut. They take the bonus amount out of the total rake you contributed.

Example:

You get a bonus of $150. You have a 5x playthrough. You play 750 hands at a really low limit full table and the average rake per pot is $.50. The total rake is 750 * $.50 = $375. Your "share" is 10%, or $37.50. Your affiliate normally gets 20% of this. However, Party subtracts the bonus ($150) from this amount first, so in this case your affiliate's account is negative (-$112.50). You'll need to contribute $112.50 in rake before he gets any more $$ paid to him.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Quick question regarding Party bonuses when you\'re under an affili

[ QUOTE ]
All bonuses come out of the affiliate's cut. They take the bonus amount out of the total rake you contributed.

Example:

You get a bonus of $150. You have a 5x playthrough. You play 750 hands at a really low limit full table and the average rake per pot is $.50. The total rake is 750 * $.50 = $375. Your "share" is 10%, or $37.50. Your affiliate normally gets 20% of this. However, Party subtracts the bonus ($150) from this amount first, so in this case your affiliate's account is negative (-$112.50). You'll need to contribute $112.50 in rake before he gets any more $$ paid to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you kindly for the excellent info but this sounds pretty lame to me. So party offers these great promotions, I gladly whore them and it turns out my buddy is paying me the bonus. Nice Party, Nice [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Example:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you kindly for the excellent info but this sounds pretty lame to me. So party offers these great promotions, I gladly whore them and it turns out my buddy is paying me the bonus. Nice Party, Nice [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your buddy is just paying his share - there's some confusion here I think in talking about his "affiliate account" and the actual money he gets paid. The way I understand it works, and this is consistent with the explanation above, is that bonuses come off the top of total rake. Then you take total rake and multiply it by whatever percent the affiliate gets paid. So in terms of actual cash earnings lost, your buddy is only paying his share of your bonus.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:44 AM

Out of curiosity, when is the bonus deducted from the affiliate earnings. At point of deposit, or at point of raked hands being completed?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:52 AM

When the player completes his raked hands and receives the bonus.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe since he gets 20% of the rake 20% of the bonus should come out of his acct, but the whole damn thing? Are they robbing him or is this how it really works?

[/ QUOTE ]
The bonus amount reduces monthly gross revenue (aka rake). A $150 bonus costs your friend his 20% share of $150, not the whole $150.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:18 AM

If you sign up a bunch of bonus hustlers who don't bother to stick around to play the site beyond the bonus, your account can get severly screwed. My Empire account is the pennies because of it....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2005, 01:50 AM

Each affiliate is give the choice of taking a revenue share or a flat $65. He chose where he is and unfortunately for him made the wrong choice in your case.