Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 05:45 PM

Default I tweaked a few things...

Based on posting and reading hand history and recommendations, I tweaked a few things in my game. A lot more aggressive now, chase more when the pots big.

How are these numbers looking? Although it is a very small sample, 1.1k hands I just played in 5 hours.

VP$IP - 23.98%
VP$IfSB - 52.03%
PF raise - 8.14%

Total Agression - 3.11%

Won $ WSF - 31.99%
BB/100 hands - 8.27
Went to SD - 26.4%
Won $ at SD - 62.35%

Anything else I can improve on?

The past week, I've been playing two sessions, usually each one 2-5 hours each, one in the morning or afternoon and one at night. I've noticed a winning session in the morning and losing session in the night, usually breaking even on the day. Any advice on this? Simply stop playing the night session? I think I may be more worn out and tired which is causing me to make bad decisions. I noticed a lot of people say that you should keep playing though, even if you're up in a few hours, because of variance. Although it seems I'm pushing or forcing myself to play more when I shouldn't be. Seem to be topping out at around 5 hours of poker.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: I tweaked a few things...

This is just way to few hands to draw any meaningful conclusion from. In general your VP$IP is too high, but over 1,000 hands you might have just been on a good run of cards. Your BB/100 rate seems to suggest that was the case because that win rate is not sustainable long term.

If you have pre-flop agrression factored into your aggression factor then take that out. It will give a bit more meaningful number. If it is already out then your TA looks high too, but again that could just be because of the good run of cards.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just way to few hands to draw any meaningful conclusion from. In general your VP$IP is too high, but over 1,000 hands you might have just been on a good run of cards. Your BB/100 rate seems to suggest that was the case because that win rate is not sustainable long term.

If you have pre-flop agrression factored into your aggression factor then take that out. It will give a bit more meaningful number. If it is already out then your TA looks high too, but again that could just be because of the good run of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I was just on a really good run of cards. Yesterday I was on a really bad run and this may just be evening things out.

This is my aggression:

Flop - 2.65
Turn - 2.57
River - 4.29

Total - 3.11
Old 01-25-2005, 07:03 PM

sample size is the main problem here..this is like basing your training on the first 100 meters of a 10k run. You need to do several 10k's until you can truely look at what you're doing and improve on weak points.

that being said, be consistent and play 30K or so. 1.1k is a 3-4 hour session which can be horrible or awesome.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sample size is the main problem here..this is like basing your training on the first 100 meters of a 10k run. You need to do several 10k's until you can truely look at what you're doing and improve on weak points.

that being said, be consistent and play 30K or so. 1.1k is a 3-4 hour session which can be horrible or awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I know sample size is way to small. I have about 13k hands prior to making these adjustments where the numbers haven't been anywhere as good as this, only around 1.6 BB/100. Anyways, I will continue playing and providing updates as I get a larger sample size.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have pre-flop agrression factored into your aggression factor then take that out. It will give a bit more meaningful number.

[/ QUOTE ]Regarding aggression factor, PT doesn't calculate that but Playerview and GameTime+ do, is that right?

I use GameTime+ and it doesn't break down the Aggression Factor by street. Do you know if it includes the PF aggression factor? BTW, my aggression factor is about 1.7 if I remember correctly. I have to be playing a game and have Gametime+ running to see it.

TomBk
Old 01-25-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have pre-flop agrression factored into your aggression factor then take that out. It will give a bit more meaningful number.

[/ QUOTE ]Regarding aggression factor, PT doesn't calculate that but Playerview and GameTime+ do, is that right?

I use GameTime+ and it doesn't break down the Aggression Factor by street. Do you know if it includes the PF aggression factor? BTW, my aggression factor is about 1.7 if I remember correctly. I have to be playing a game and have Gametime+ running to see it.

TomBk

[/ QUOTE ]

PT calculates aggression factor. That is where Gametime+ gets it from. Under the Genral Info tab if you click the More Detail button your AF is broken down by street about half way down the page.