Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Lost in a festival of limpers- WTF.

3/6 is crushing me, I wonder why...

SB is a 2+2er. New to the table and don't have much on the rest. I had a hard time laying this down preflop and on the lfop once the univerise limped.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Dids is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Dids calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Dids calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Dids calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

River: (7.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Dids folds.

Final Pot: 8.66 BB
Old 01-25-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Lost in a festival of limpers- WTF.

dids, this preflop call both sucks and blows.
Play 2/4.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:18 AM

Ouch?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:20 AM

NOTE:
PLAYS ANY 2 SOOTED.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:22 AM

Only when the whole table is (save UTG) has limped. I felt like Ed Miller wanted me to call. My preflop standards are usually much better.

Moving back from 6 max, I feel like I'm re-inventing the preflop wheel. Frustrating, expensive, and embarassing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

I just want to know what the SB folded, given the limp fest.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only when the whole table is (save UTG) has limped. I felt like Ed Miller wanted me to call. My preflop standards are usually much better.

Moving back from 6 max, I feel like I'm re-inventing the preflop wheel. Frustrating, expensive, and embarassing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

I just want to know what the SB folded, given the limp fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

It was only 8-handed to begin with. If everyone limped to me on the button 10-handed I could justify J7s, but it's close. J5s is still something I'd toss there.

Rob
Old 01-25-2005, 01:26 AM

My last posts looks like I'm defending my play, which I'm not. I was just explaining my thought process, which admitedly sucked.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My last posts looks like I'm defending my play, which I'm not. I was just explaining my thought process, which admitedly sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I was just giving you my standards for full ring play (10-handed) where the implied odds are better given more people in the pot. J5s would still be a toss for me there.

Rob
Old 01-25-2005, 01:46 AM

It's nothing personal dude, there's just no reason to move back to 10-max games by transitioning into 3/6. Play 2/4, it's a lot more forgiving.

It's not that I think you can't beat 3/6, it's that it takes time to recalibrate your game.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:52 AM

In theory 3/6 was a brief roadbump before 5/10 6 max. The bump hit slightly harder than expected. Show up, win for a quick two weeks, and then boom- on to the fun game. Now I'm faced with a longer haul at 3/6, and potentially a 2/4.

I'm lucky enough to have some cushion to learn at 3/6, so I can take expensive lesson for the time being.

No worries though- that response kinda hit me at the wrong time when I'm sick, tired, and probably shouldn't have been playing.