Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 12:20 AM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)
Default KK facing 2 on the river

UTG is 55.56 PF, 33.33% PFR, and 1.05 PFA. He is still in his first orbit and is halfway through his initial buyin. He has shown down King High twice betting it the whole way.
MP1 is 11.99 PF, 2.99 PFR, 1.86 PFA.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: KK facing 2 on the river

You're probably ahead of UTG+1 here, but MP1 waking up on the river is bizarre to me. The only drawing hand he could have completed on the river is 76s, but with his #'s it would seem to be a bizarre holding for him (how many hands did you have on him for these numbers? If it's not alot of hands he may be more loose than this.)

He could also have QT and waited until the river to raise. But maybe I'm giving him too much credit for the straight.

I would call here, getting about 8 to 1 and not capable of making this fold (I'd also be curious as to what they hold.) But that might not be the correct thing to do
Old 01-25-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: KK facing 2 on the river

That is one of the weirdest raises I have ever seen from what looks like a normal TPP player. Would he have called all that way with 55? Would he have put you on whiffed overcards, maybe with a flush draw?

Either way, I think you have to pay off with an overpair on this board. I wouldn't be too happy about it, though, especially if UTG decides his A high is worth a 3-bet.