Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 08:31 PM

Default We truly are the cruelest species on Earth.

Baby Burials

This story made me sad.

I don't get the objection to the church burying the ashes of these dead babies. The mothers decided to kill them, then toss them away to be incinerated like rubbish, so why the sudden concern for the ashes of these babies? THEY DIDN’T WANT THEM TO BEGIN WITH. This church has been doing this since the mid 90's, yet these people suddenly object to the church burying the babies remains, calling it a "macabre death ritual". Hmmm. Ripping babies apart, limb from limb, while still inside their mothers wombs seems pretty macabre - burying the ashes of the dead does not.

We truly are the cruelest species. Abortion on demand for convenience is the proof. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] What other species on Earth willfully kills its own offspring while still in the womb?

Someday, we will look at abortion on demand in the same light as slavery: "It was legal at the time, but I don’t understand how people could have done that kind of thing."

Incest, rape and the possibility of the mother dying because of the pregnancy is another story of course.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: We truly are the cruelest species on Earth.

[ QUOTE ]
Someday, we will look at abortion on demand in the same light as slavery: "It was legal at the time, but I don’t understand how people could have done that kind of thing."

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope so.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Incest, rape...is another story of course.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Aren't those babies as innocent and as alive as those babies conceived through consensual sex between unrelated people?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:03 PM

Yes. I agree. There are very few things are cruel as the casual disregard shown to traumatized women by pro life forces.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:58 PM

Try to make some sense at least. Im not even Pro-Life(strictly speaking) but these discussions about rape and incest victims are really re herrings bc they only account for less one half of 1% of all abortions.(This stat comes directly from a NOW rep at my university who admitted this when pressed in a debate.)
Old 01-25-2005, 12:01 AM

Huh? I made no comments about rape and incest.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:41 AM

Yes. I agree. There are very few things are cruel as the casual disregard shown to traumatized women by pro life forces.

Which traumatized women were you referring to??
Old 01-25-2005, 01:19 AM

women who are pregnant and who scared to death. Women who are lied to by pro life forces who's only goal is prevent an abortion. Women who are lied to about the realities of adoption.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:04 AM

I don't think that this church did a terrible thing. I am in the pro-choice camp, but a lot of pro-choice people want to ignore the fact that a human life, albeit in an early stage of development, is taken. I don't like abortion at all, but I think it can, in some cases, be a lesser evil than bringing into the world a child that you are not prepared to care for properly. On the practical side, I think making abortion illegal will lead to a lot of self-induced abortions or abortions done by people without medical training, causing, in some cases two deaths instead of one. It seems that a lot of people on both sides of this difficult issue are so caught up in their extreme views that they lose all compassion: pro-choice folks for the unborn, and pro-lifers for the women who find themselves in the difficult position of being pregnant when they are not ready for motherhood.l
Old 01-25-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pro-lifers for the women who find themselves in the difficult position of being pregnant when they are not ready for motherhood.l

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a pretty easy way to avoid being in that difficult position.