Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 08:43 AM

Default AKs Stars 350K bust hand

As always, I'm second guessing the hand I busted out on. At the time it seemed like an easy push. Any reason it shouldn't be with two opponents in pre-flop? If it were only one raiser and no caller, would this be a push or a call?

No reads: I was moved to this table three hands earlier.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed) converter

MP3 (t665)
CO (t11035)
Button (t10815)
SB (t11160)
Hero (t6305)
UTG (t11765)
UTG+1 (t4065)
MP1 (t7115)
MP2 (t7180)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t1200</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls t1200, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t6255</font>
Old 01-24-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Re: AKs Stars 350K bust hand

I could go either way here, really. First, there is absolutely no harm in just calling and seeing a flop. If you'd hit it hard, you most likely pull off a flop CR since the pot is big enough that one of the other two would most certainly bet.

On the other hand, it's still a good time to push. You should have at least decent fold equity here. The only negative is that if someone puts you on AK, then the guy w/TT is getting an awesome price from the pot to call.

I really think it's a matter of preference and how much you want to gamble it up.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 AM

I like the push here. You only have 10 or so Big Blinds left and have about half of what the median chip stacks are at your table. So with this in mind, you need to gambool some. Assume almost worst case and some one calls you with a pocket pair (not aces and kings). You are 45%. Add folding equity (assign a value 33-50%) and you are plus EV for this move. And with your stack size you can not wait around for a better statistical edge.

Now if AQ calls you, happy days. If they have AA or KK than all you can say is that's poker.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:15 PM

You have a premium hand and the action to date doesn't particularly worry.I think the important factors here are the average stack size and the size of the blinds. Although you don't mention the average stack size based on the fact that the BB is 600 and you only have 6000 I'm guessing you're around half stacked at a table where the stacks are lower than the overall average if you know what I mean.

No matter what you only have 10BB so you have to accumulate chips sooner rather than later so what better spot than now? You should have a good chance of lifting the 3300 out there without a fight. If you don't you're more than likely in a race situation at the worst. If you run into AA or KK well that's the way it goes sometimes.

I don't think this worth worrying about, you played it fine and whatever happened it was unlucky.

Better Luck next time

Mackas

NB - pushing all in w AJo in the BB in the same tournament 5 handed after an all in raise from the short stack on the button and a call from the big stack small blind - now there's an exit worth second guessing!
Old 01-24-2005, 06:19 PM

Push it.

(Salt'n Pepa)
Old 01-24-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only negative is that if someone puts you on AK, then the guy w/TT is getting an awesome price from the pot to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha, nice read. TT took this down. Of the four times I've entered the $200 PS tourney, this is the second I've gone out with AK against TT. Pokerstars is clearly rigged.