Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Overplayed draws?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

As you can see, I flopped a flush draw and an open ended straight draw and an overcard. People tended to raise with with Aces in their hand, so I thought there was a fairly good chance that no one had the Ad. Do you guys think I played this too strongly? Especially considering that neither my striaght nor flush draws were to the nuts?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Overplayed draws?

I don't bet this flop, but given that you did I think I would play it the same way.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:38 AM

I don't think so at all.on the flop, your a favorite here to oanything except the A. A 3 bet is in order in my opinion.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:54 AM

ah, yes. I agree that after betting the flop and getting raised, a 3-bet is in order. I don't bet the flop though, be cause with such a strong set of draws I think keeping costumers by not beting from an early position is ok. If he was in late position, a value bet would certainly be in order, and after being raised, a 3-bet is probably right.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:02 AM

My pants are very tight, very simmilar to M.C. Hammer.

Maybe you should start playing like M.C. Hammer.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:14 AM

Get the flop capped if you can and bring along friends using the installment plan. This is a monster draw.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:15 AM

He doesn't mind cleaning up his K out if he can.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:28 AM

yeah, but it's a pretty weak king out. I would give it negligible value compared to his draws. I should've been more clear. I wouldn't bet out on this flop, but I would check raise it to an early position bettor.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My pants are very tight, very simmilar to M.C. Hammer.

Maybe you should start playing like M.C. Hammer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been waiting a while to say that haven't you? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Relax buddy, it was just a joke.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:24 AM

I wouldn't call it a monster draw cause of three diamonds on the flop. Neither of the draws is safe. The straight draw could be dead cause someone may already have a made flush. Also, I could make lower straight to anyone holding an 8, if the seven came off. And flush draw could be no good if someone has an Ad. I know thats a lot of ifs, but I did feel like if someone was willing raise and reraise me throughout the hand, that I was probably beat.