Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 07:23 AM

Default turn predicament with my set of 3\'s

Clearing the Party bonus, 4 tabling so my reads could be better. Villain in this hand is a TAG over 94 hands, 9/6/1.4. Haven't been in a pot with him yet, don't know if he's tricky at all or not. I tend to assume not until shown otherwise. His image of me is probably similar, maybe a bit passive (I was busy with hooking up a new dvd player since my other one was F$%^ing up my movie so I wasn't playing my A game, or B..).

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

call getting 6.5:1, 7 if you assume limper calls. easy I think.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

hit the set, but the board is somewhat coordinated, likely it hit at least one of them. Not sure whether or not it would be better to bet out here or c/r, or if makes a difference here. I put CO on AK or better here. Being behind to only KK do I have any reason not to cap the flop?

Turn: (11.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero ???

Where do I go from here? When I get raised here I'm starting to think maybe he does have KK, or possibly even [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s. So 3 bet the turn, or call down?
Old 01-23-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Re: turn predicament with my set of 3\'s

I just call his turn raise. check/call the river unimproved, else check/raise. I would probably check/fold if a 4th heart comes down on the river, it's 3 handed, and it goes bet, call, ____.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:09 PM

bump for the day crew
Old 01-23-2005, 05:36 PM

I would 3-bet the turn, especially since the button is still playing.

There are still hands the CO could play this way that you have beaten, and I want to make anyone drawing to a 4th heart pay the maximum.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:44 PM

hi
i 3-bet the turn also.
he could have KK or TT, but could also have AA, AKs, AK, KQs, KJs, KTs
Old 01-23-2005, 05:45 PM

I like Reef's line - after the turn makes a 3-flush, there's only a few hands that CO would play like this that you beat on the turn, but you definitely have odds to draw.

Call the turn, check-call river UI, check-raise and call a 3-bet from CO if you fill up. If button wakes up on a heart river, I fold. If it's bet and button overcalls to you on a heart river, it's probably right to fold but I'd likely puss out and call it.

Redd
Old 01-24-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Results

So it seems about split 50/50 (so far) between 3 betting the turn and calling. Given how tight the villain was, I opted to call his turn raise and check call the river. River was the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
CO showed KK and took the pot.

This hand was almost immediately followed by my quad 3's on another table (which is posted around here somewhere, for interested parties), so I felt better [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].