Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 07:18 PM

Default TPGK, raised family pot. Raise turn bet on scare card?

Second orbit, everyone at the table sucks including me 'cause I'm a SH noob. No one's raised yet except for MP, but they've felt comfortable enough to limp preflop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero...?

Board paired low and BB seems capable of having it. Do I raise here, or just call since I have the luxury of being the button?
Old 01-22-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: TPGK, raised family pot. Raise turn bet on scare card?

I like calling here. When you are ahead you have two along for ride to the river. If you raise you might lose the CO who could easily be paying you off with KJ, K9, 9T in this type of game. When you are behind you simply lose an extra big bet unless you fold to a reraise.

So, to make it less confusing since that might be hard to read due to wording. I call most times to induce overcalls, but when I do raise I fold to a reraise. I also like folding to the flush card on the river.