Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Live 4-8 kill pot, 8 players capped PF

Pechanga. I'm the designated driver for some friends who spent the night at the new club Silk here. They're drunk, tired and want to leave. After a night of getting punished by bad players with lucky cards I just caught a miracle turn card to fill my gutshot and am now almost even.

I'm UTG, it's my last hand and i'm ready to fold when i look down and see two red fives. I grumble and call.

Villain in this hand is the button. He is the tightest player at the table by a long shot. I haven't seen him get even slightly out of line in the last 4 hours. He's much too rockish and would rather check and call than value bet. While we haven't been in many hands together I have to assume he's noticed i'm the only other person at the table who isn't absurdly out of line.

THe limp reraise from UTG+1 and +2 are much less worrisome because they are action players who are obviously salivating at the prospect of a huge kill pot. UTG+2 is someone i know from oceans 11 so i'm pretty confident with the diamond read.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Hero Calls </font>, UTG+1 Calls, UTG+2 raises, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="red"> Hero Calls </font>, UTG+1 Raises, UTG+2 caps, all call.

Flop: (32 SB) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (8 players) </font> I check, counting on someone with an A to bet and someone with the flush draw to raise, figure i'll get to make it 3 bets by the time it gets back to me. I don't get the chance though, it's bet, raised, re-raised, then capped by the button. I call, MP1 is the only fold.

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I bet, UTG+1 raises (I put him on AK-AJ, he's much too worried to have the set of Aces) UTG+2 Calls (He looks like he is on a flush draw) CO folds, Button Raises, SB Calls (looks like he's got diamonds too) BB folds. I don't see Button calling much less betting with A5, and yet for him to not raise a pair of Aces seems unlikely too. He must really like his hand though. I 3 bet. All call, button caps all call again.

River brings a beautiful 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet, UTG+1 calls UTG+2 folds, Button Raises, SB Folds, and i'm starting to really question my hand.

In retrospect i should have been able to tell exactly what cards Button had but at the time i was overwhelmed by the mountain of chips on the center of the table and the monsters i couldn't help but imagine. THe dreaded third [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] never came but the only rock at the table just keeps betting into me. Should i raise here or just call, get it overwith, and see who drags this huge pot?

Anything else out of line here? By the time there were 30+ small bets in on the flop it seems like folding would be about the only bad move.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Live 4-8 kill pot, 8 players capped PF

I don't see any misplays here... There is no way I'm not capping every street in this hand.