Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Why I hate PokerStars!

PokerStars is the worst online poker site out there. They have no interest in their players, but stuffing their own greedy pockets with outrageous hands. They promote lameness and stupidity.

Just quitted and don't plan to return (accumalated 10,000+FPP anyone wants free PokerShit stuff??). PartyPoker, Full Tilt (their hands do get outrageous, not as frequent), and Pacific Poker (have not tried UB yet) are 200% better.

--------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, I blew my bankroll on the worst string of bad beats. It was so bad, i can't remember most of my hands. Except the last 30 mins of it.

Hand #1 - 99 vs 10 K suited, flops two dias and 9
Result - set 9's loses to Flush (understandable, it happens)

Hand #2- KK (me) vs 68 clubs, Qs 3d 4c (preflop raise 4*BB 1/2 table), raises $10 after flop, raises $10 on fourth street, Caller goes allin.
Result - Lose to runner runner flush. (I figure he had a pair of Qs and slowly milk him.)

Hand #3- 3s9s vs KK, same guy which got the flush runner runner. Was BB, standard 4 way call no one raise preflop. Flops 3 9 2.
Result- Q (4th street), K (river).. I went allin on fourth street. (I could take it if another pair came on the table giving him higher two pairs. But got sucked out by another outrageous bad beat.)

It was that kind of night. Saw nothing, lost on every good hand to lameA$$ callers.
----------------------------------------------------

It was fun, chasing the dream.. (next online WSOP champ, blah) but Pokerstars (Riverstars) has the lamest bad beat and their Tilt algorithm promotes lameness. AA and KK only wins at best 60% of the hands. AK has a better winning percentage. (go figure, *AA KK vs AK comparison from my experience)

------------------------------------------
Old 01-21-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Why I hate PokerStars!

tissue?
Old 01-21-2005, 06:37 PM

hmm, I built up most of my bankroll at PokerStars. Does this mean they just liked me? Maybe I'm in on the cheating and forgot it?
Old 01-21-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #3- 3s9s vs KK, same guy which got the flush runner runner. Was BB, standard 4 way call no one raise preflop. Flops 3 9 2.
Result- Q (4th street), K (river).. I went allin on fourth street. (I could take it if another pair came on the table giving him higher two pairs. But got sucked out by another outrageous bad beat.)

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he has 8 outs to beat you, you're upset if 2 of the outs come, but not the other 6? I don't get it. How much worse is one "suckout" over the other? Shame his KK caught up to you.

And if this is a joke post, consider me caught, hook line and sinker.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:51 PM

Good for you. Overall, I'm still up on PS. However, blowing $800+ a night on bad beat city. Isn't fun and not healthy when you are playing it more seriously.

My game has improved alot since playing my first poker hand eight months ago on PS. (my first online experience, love it to death. but too stressful, every hand is a monster. got to protect the AAs like my virign sister) Their algorithm is rigid to give lamers an advantage.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:59 PM

You're right. He has 8 outs (QQQ, 222, KK) to beat me. The likely hood of it happening is slim. you tell me what's the odds.

Anything is possible. Just more freq. on PS.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:02 PM

i think you came to the wrong place for sympathy. ill try to be as nice as possible. this is the game of poker. you make money when you get the other peoples' monies into the pot when you have the better hand and let the cards do the rest. nothing you can do about that unless you have them drawing dead. i prefer people calling me, so that i have the chance to make more money. if they win, then good for them. if not, then i am happy. change your attitude or you will soon find that the other poker sites create huge rake generating hand match-ups.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:05 PM

On the last hand you're complaining about it's a situation where I def would've called and I'm sure you would have too. The second hands the only one you can really bitch about and you shouldn't complain when you get drawn out on, you got your money in with the best hand. Live with the beat. Those kinds of calls in the long run by other idiots are probably where you built most of your roll in the first place.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just quitted

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Good use of the English language.

Oh, and BTW, you don't understand the laws math and poker, and I'm SURE you were playing poorly or used Godawful bankroll maganement skillz.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and BTW, you don't understand the laws math and poker, and I'm SURE you were playing poorly or used Godawful bankroll maganement skillz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point on bankroll management, I was just about to bring that up until you said it. Bad beats happen, and they can happen in long, painful chains. But there is no way, repeat, no way you should bust out in a day after losing 800 bucks. Clearly playing at a level that your bankroll can not handle.