Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 01:58 AM

Default crap

mp1 is half retarded- he will almost always raise when bet into. mp2 is fairly solid. i have seen him do a couple stupid things, like capping a flush draw on the flop in a 3-way pot on a paired board. he is better than the average player, but overaggressive in some spots.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

gambooooool? i am getting about 5-1, but my implied odds were killed by all this raising preflop. right after i folded, i was fairly certain i made a huge mistake. this is mostly because mp1 might have bet/raised lke an idiot had i flopped my set, and mp2 would have to call down with aa/kk unimproved, because i might be isolating. is my logic here sound? putting in 4 bets with 77 sounds so damn stupid, but i think in this case it is justified.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: crap

folding here is a huge error.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gambooooool? i am getting about 5-1, but my implied odds were killed by all this raising preflop. right after i folded, i was fairly certain i made a huge mistake. this is mostly because mp1 might have bet/raised lke an idiot had i flopped my set, and mp2 would have to call down with aa/kk unimproved, because i might be isolating. is my logic here sound? putting in 4 bets with 77 sounds so damn stupid, but i think in this case it is justified.

[/ QUOTE ]

you got your thinking all mixed up. your implied odds aren't wrecked because you're paying 4 bets preflop. in the bigger picture of things, yes it is. you are in fact paying 4 bets preflop. but remember, at the moment of your decision on whether to call the last 2 bets, you're not paying 4 bets anymore, you're paying 2. that's a huge huge huge huge difference.

with money already in the pot, it's not as if you're coldcalling 2 bets getting a straight 6-2 call, you're getting 5-1. and with this preflop action and with two aggressive players in the pot who clearly like their hands, your implied odds are better not worse when you flop a set.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:13 AM

Yeah, CDC covered this perfectly. Folding here is not good, unless your name begins with amu and ends with let.

Rob
Old 01-21-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and with this preflop action and with two aggressive players in the pot who clearly like their hands, your implied odds are better not worse when you flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is exactly what i was thinking right after i clicked the fold button. i mostly posted this as punishment for being a retard.