Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 07:10 PM

Default reason to complain?

I was playing three handed with two very aggressive players:

50 cent antes I started hand w/ about $20 on this hand and my opponent started w/ about $40.

Hero in bb w/ AQ in sb

button checks
Hero checks
bb raises to $3
button folds

Here's where it gets interesting. I say that i raise eight more. bb says "Eight more chips or eight more dollars?" I was originally going to raise eight more chips but when he said this it seemed like he would call eight more dollars so i made it eight more dollars leaving me with 8.50. with more than half of my stack in the pot, i'm not sure what kind of flop would have to hit to make me fold. I didn't put him on a pp.

flop comes down 9 10 3

i decided that this probably didn't hit him with the amount that he already called so i went all in.

Feedback on my play please and then i will give results.

After hand bb called me a "lucky player." I think my play was fine but there was a lucky outcome.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: reason to complain?

Aren't you the BB? I'm pretty confused, unless you have a split personality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

AQ three way is a very good hand, but you don't want to go too crazy with this PF. You want lesser hands to call, but you don't want to make it so expensive that only a better hand will call.

You want to bet a flop like this heads up, but keep in mind that you don't really have anything yet, and it's a semi-bluff. You're hoping your opponent will fold, and if you get called, you're going to have to hit something to have a good shot. On the other hand, if you go too big here, you could get caught with your pants down. I wouldn't go all in here - you're risking too much on a bluff in reference to the pot size. If you didn't get lucky he'd have all your chips.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com