Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 04:40 PM

Default NL fundamental

Hello all, long time reader first time poster. In the past i've been strictly a limit player. Lately i've been studying different games ( O8, stud hl) and would like to learn more about NL with regards to fundamentals. I've already learned a great deal by just reading archives but so far have been unsuccessful in finding posts on suggestions of books that may be of help. Are there any principle books out there such as TOP and HEFAP aimed at NL? From what i've heard many books out there on NL are bogus, so I would like to avoid them. Thanks everyone in advance as I look forward to posting more and improving my game through this great site.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: NL fundamental

Reubens and Ciaffone Pot Limit and No Limit Poker (hold em section specifically) is a terrific book for lots of different games. Read it, play some, and then read it again -- you'll get a lot out of it both times.

Then read Harrington's hand quizzes from Harrington on Hold 'Em that involve large stack / blind ratios.

Also, post on the small stakes / general forum for questions like this, because the MHSPL/NL posters will eat you alive!
Old 01-20-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: NL fundamental

Thanks. I realized I had probably posted in the wrong forum after posting. Sorry all.