Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Ease of Bonus Clearing Cheat Sheet?

I need some advice on where to whore next.

How bout an Ease of Bonus Clearing Cheat Sheet?

Here’s how I rank the ones I’ve done. (Ranking probably depends on what limits you play, for the record I play NLHE with .50/$1 or .25/.50 blinds.)

1. Party Skins (Games are so good that Party is my number 1 even if the bonus requires 10x play through)
2. Interpoker
3. Paradise
4. Stars

Not worth the effort:
5. Pacific (took forever and you can only play 1 table at a time)
6. Ultimate Bet (bonus clearing requirements are ridiculous. Note: I keep taking advantage of all bonus offers and then cash out. Hoping that the bonus dollars I’ve accumulated will be worth something if they ever decide to change the clearing structure)

Two semi topical questions: Do the Crypto sites share the same player pool or just the software? Can you have a Coral and a Eurobet account or are they the same thing?

I had been a losing player (been playing online for 14 months) due in large part to a MTT addiction. Since I began Homer’s 12 step program, I’ve dug out of the hole and am finally showing a profit. God bless Homer and all you other Whore Consultants.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Ease of Bonus Clearing Cheat Sheet?

Bonuswhores.com has all this info
Old 01-20-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do the Crypto sites share the same player pool or just the software?

[/ QUOTE ]

they share both. I found this out by accident when I tried to sit down at the same table via 2 different crypto sites [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Can you have a Coral and a Eurobet account or are they the same thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

they are the same thing
Old 01-20-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonuswhores.com has all this info

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Bonuswhores.com is why I posted this. They list Pokerroom as having a 20% bonus up to $200, but how long does it take? Are there other bonuses that are preferrable (based on better game selection, easier clearing requirements, better software, etc)? Absolute bonuses are supposedly great, but I've read that their software sucks and slows all other appliciations down. I'd rather get a nice clean cheat sheet from players who have been whoring within the last few days/weeks. Maybe BW.com has such a list, but I can't get on it from work.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:59 PM

Just click on the individual poker room at bonuswhores and it shows the ease of clearing, how much it is worth per hour at each level and so on.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:01 PM

Stick Gaming Club in their right under the Party skins [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2005, 01:02 PM

Personally, I think PokerRoom's clearing requirements are ridiculous. I hate the point system and would much rather do it by a straight-forward raked hand system.

I had a $200 bonus to clear at PokerRoom. I played $1/$2 NL and $2/$4 Limit. I had to earn 1400 points to clear the $200 bonus. It took me almost 4000 hands to clear. That's just stupid.

At Party/Skins that same bonus would have taken a mere 1400 raked hands (assuming a 7x clearing requirement).
Old 01-20-2005, 01:05 PM

Ultimate Bet isn't so bad once you are playing 2/4 or higher.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:06 PM

you will probably clear bonuses faster playing 50c/1 or 1/2 limit rather than NL. because there is a higher percentage of raked pots in limit (specifically with sites that require a minimum 25c rake/$5 pot to quality towards the bonus) and hands are played quicker as players don't take as much time mulling over all-ins and whatnot.

if you whored paradise then you can also do absolute, as the rake/bonus structure is virtually identical. you can also get your cheap (and I mean CHEAP) MTT fix by entering the ARP freerolls.

prima network sites (The Gaming Club and Royal Vegas in particular) also have decent signup deals.

pokerroom's bonus (7 raked dollars per $1 bonus) lies in between poker stars (5:1) and ultimate bet (10:1). I see stars is at the end of your tolerance list and ultimate bet is mediocre so in terms of the limits you play, I probably don't recommend it. it's decent if you can multitable fixed limits of 2/4 and up, however. pokerroom is also a very MTT freeroll-friendly site.

sites to AVOID for whoring purposes:
full tilt poker - worst bonus structure ever devised by mortal men

bodog - bonus is 'sticky' and you must actually contribute to pot to earn player points

true poker - quirky rake/bonus structure actually yields a net loss in the long run

poker mountain - complete lack of players, 50c minimum rake/bonus requirement is double the competition