Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 12:29 AM

Default 5/10nl hand,top two pair and a loa d of outs

this is the first hand i've posted up here,unfortunately i play on vcpoker where they've no hand histories as such but i cut and pasted the details from the chat box and all the relevant information should be below.
i'd only just sat down at the table,a lot of the players would have an image of me as being fairly loose/agressive,but i've no notes or read on the villain of the piece...
the buy in is 750,and i'm up to about 900 straight away without showing any cards (raise with ak in position,bet a k high flop,and i bluffed another pot when i had called with a weak ace from the blinds,hit an ace and called a small bet,then bet a scare card on the turn...

anyway,im in MP1,and i have k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds
UTG+1 folds
i call
two players behimd me fold
the small blind min raises to $20
the big blind folds
i call,as does the other guy.
flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
the small blind bets $40
i call the $40 and raise it another $80
the third guy calls $120
the small blind calls the extra $80
turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],so the board is now T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
small blind bets $80
i reraise $400
the third guy folds
the small blind calls the $400 and rereaises all for a further $323.50
river is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

results below

<font color="white">i show down my two pair
he shows jc9c for a king high straight </font>

comments on all streets appreciated
Old 01-20-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: 5/10nl hand,top two pair and a loa d of outs

bump
anyone?
Old 01-20-2005, 06:35 PM

I guess you could've raised the flop a little more, but I think you played this pretty hand well - I'm losing my stack here too.

The one real decision was the turn raise, and I can see flat calling as an option, but when you hit top 2 w/ 2nd nut flush draw, you probably made the right choice - Really tough to put someone on J9.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:35 PM

flop I will bet 150 and turn is a scary card I call on turn because I have flush and full draw and call his river bet if no improve. But for your raise on turn it still good( just not my style)
Old 01-21-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is VERY unlikely that there are fewer than 20% of hands which are +EV for most players who post on this forum. Do you disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

With a monster hand and flop for you like this I am overbettering the pot here in hopes of taking down then and there. If you are beat, you have a gazillion outs and are even a favorite up against KK or a favorite against AQ. On the flop I will bet $250 - $300.

The turn is tough now seeing as you just called. Your opponent doesn't fear a King and unless you know he loves to bet on Overcards like AK or if you feel he has AA, then I would just call what seems like a turn blocking bet.