Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 12:20 PM

Default KK gets chk/raised...twice

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB <font color="#A500AF">(TrickyBoy)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#A500AF">TrickyBoy</font> calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
TrickyBoy checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TrickyBoy raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

-Hmm, a check-raise after preflop aggression...Aces? I can't see him having a 2 here, but he was an unpredictable player.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TrickyBoy checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TrickyBoy raises</font>, Hero calls.

-WTF???

River: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TrickyBoy checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, TrickyBoy calls.

-Please c/r me again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I think I played this as strangely as he did. I can't decide if I should have checked the turn after the first c/r, or just 3-bet and jammed it the whole way.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: KK gets chk/raised...twice

I would have 3 bet the flop, and raised the turn as well, calling down if 3 bet...that is until you pwn him on the river.

EDIT: I guess I should justify this. I think he has 33-77, 99-QQ, or something even worse way more often than he has a 2, 88, or AA.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:26 PM

The fact that villian is tricky makes me more inclined to jam the flop, not less.

(I'm 3-betting the flop against any opponent, but especially against one who could be getting cute).
Old 01-18-2005, 12:30 PM

My line on this board is to three-bet, because I want to see if he caps. If he caps, then checks to me on the turn, I will probably check through (just can't see how a free river card would hurt me at that point).

If he just calls the three-bet then checks to me on the turn I will bet and payoff the CR and call the river regardless of the card. I will then jot a note on scratch paper to look him up on PT and then possibly add a special line to his notes for future reference.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will then jot a note on scratch paper to look him up on PT

[/ QUOTE ]

You can click on the "last hand" link on a Party table to see his cards if you get to showdown. No need to wait for PT to update.

(I was unaware of this myself until recently).
Old 01-18-2005, 12:45 PM

His flop c/r smells like a small pair or missed overcards.
I probably call here, hoping to pop him on the turn or river. When he c/r the turn, I lost the read of missed overcards and think he's probably got TT-AA, with KK unlikely -- and i'm only behind 1 of those hands. I may call here, hoping he thinks he's ahead and pop a raise on the river, or I may raise here and call down in capped, I'm not sure.

River bet is mandatory. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-d
Old 01-18-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will then jot a note on scratch paper to look him up on PT

[/ QUOTE ]

You can click on the "last hand" link on a Party table to see his cards if you get to showdown. No need to wait for PT to update.

(I was unaware of this myself until recently).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not looking for his last hand, before I make a manual note on somebody, I like to review their play to see if it was just a one time fluke, or if they seem to know what they are doing. I've had fish do pretty cute things to me before, but if it does not appear they have a history of doing such things, I assume it was a fluke and don't waste my time.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3 bet the flop, and raised the turn as well, calling down if 3 bet...that is until you pwn him on the river.

EDIT: I guess I should justify this. I think he has 33-77, 99-QQ, or something even worse way more often than he has a 2, 88, or AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I'd ram and jam against TrickyBoy the whole way through, including 3-betting the turn.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:51 PM

I think the most likely hands he has are JJ/QQ/AA/AK, with the pairs being most likely due to the checkraising. I don't see many people 3 betting preflop with TT or less. You're only behind AA. I'd have reraised the flop and turn. Given his flat call on the river, I'd say he had QQ.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given his flat call on the river, I'd say he had QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

TrickyBoy, is that you? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Seriously, nice read! Tricky turns over QQ, MHIG, Tricky calls me a naughty word. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]