Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 04:56 AM

Default AA on monotone flop

What should be the standard line here? The pot is pretty big relative to 2 of our stacks. Button's PF stats are 45/3 and SB is in at a whopping 77/2.5

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($387.18)
Hero ($45)
UTG ($102.73)
MP ($0)
Button ($45.9)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, Button calls $5, SB calls $5.

Flop: ($21) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ????
Old 01-18-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: AA on monotone flop

bets anywhere from 2/3 to slightly more than the pot. these guys are mad loose. (~14 should be the smallest amount, ~22 should be the biggest amount)

i'd also raise more pf.

how does SB have so much money with those stats? He must be catching some flops.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:24 AM

Raise to $8 preflop and push on the flop.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:59 AM

Those guys beat me too it but I'd definitely raise more here preflop, especially knowing the SB's numbers. He must be on the heater of a lifetime considering he's not a LAG, just way loose.

Think about it from his perspective. He ain't missed a flop all night. He is invincible. He will call a huge re-raise with anything that resembles a hand. The original raiser appears to have tight raising standards, and is likely to have a hand he considers good enough to call a big re-raise.

Make it 12-14 preflop, which should pretty much force you to push every flop.

I love to try and get enough money in preflop where I am forced to push the flop. It may appear slightly less EV to do so, but I contend that it more than makes up for it by the fact that I virtually cannot make a postflop mistake in a big pot, an enormous benefit.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have any fear of postflop play nor do I lack confidence in my game. I just think that it's the best way when out of position with a player you will have difficulty putting on a hand.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:11 PM

Glad to see a couple people said push. Obviously I didn't like a check here and I didn't really like a pot sized bet either as that would leave me with about $20 in a $60 pot on the turn...plus it wouldn't really help me know where I am. I can't fold to a flop reraise here and I'm pushing a non-spade turn anyway...might as well get it in now.

Unfortunately button quickly called, SB folded, and button flipped over K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 06:22 PM

Which is why you need to re-raise more preflop. No one is folding for the re-raise you made since it is such an obvious chance to bust you. Tough break on the flop. If it's any consolation you weren't drawing dead. Just to a runner runner full house. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]