Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Well, I wanted to raise the turn

Hey all,

Was discussing this hand with a friend of mine. I was just curious how you all felt about this hand. There are a lot of draws on the flop here so I thought raising a safe turn card would be a better play. However the opponent is pretty passive. His stats are 30 vpip, 7.2 pfr, and .8 post flop aggression. What do you all think??

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 01-16-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Well, I wanted to raise the turn

HU I don't like waiting to raise. You're going to the showdown whatever comes on the turn.

Having said that, why didn't you raise the turn?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Results

He had JT and MHING. Any other opinions?

Ponks
Old 01-19-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Results

well, i agree that waiting for the turn to raise probaly isn't a very good option HU. There's no way for you to know what draw he has and if it hits if he has one, so you might as well pop it when your hand is looking good on the flop (of course it isn't good now that we have results).