Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Final table....Did I make the right call???

First off Ive only been playing for two weeks now. So I am fairly new. Ive been in 3 freeroll tourneys. I won the first one, finished 340 the second one, and this final one I was in the final table all out of 1000 people. So in this last tourney I want to ask if I made the right call at teh final table. I have QQ on the button. Two players limp, mp player goes all in from middle position. Everyone folds to me and I go all in. He had me covered and I was fifth in chips at the final table. He flipped over AKo. He got an Ace on the flop and I got eliminated. Did I make the right call?? I had observed this player and he rarely bluffed but I had QQ so I felt pretty confident he had a small pp or AK,AQs, I had seen him make this play before. WAs it the right call at the final table?? thanks
Old 01-16-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Final table....Did I make the right call???

yes...only two hands really have you crushed...and most hands you destroy...unfortunately he had two overs and hit one of them
Old 01-16-2005, 03:11 PM

your play is good. You have one of the top starting hands in NLHE. I call the all in everytime with that

Robbie
Old 01-16-2005, 03:31 PM

Thanks guys being a rookie I didn't know if in the final table you call and all in just like that or wait it out hoping others knock each other out. I felt I had him and if I had won I wouldve been chip leader by a lot and be in control. Oh well on to the next one. Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:24 PM

Even if his cards blew over (which would really be something, considering it was online) and you saw his AK you made the right call. QQ has 13:10 odds on.