Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Live Tournament hand.

Live tournament

blinds 2k/4k, 500 ante.

I've got around 50k.

in the BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Folds around to the cutoff, who minimum raises. Small blinds folds, i call.

Flop (pot = 18500) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

CO (has more than me), bets 10k I call.

Turn (pot = 38,500) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

CO bets 20k, i raise for the rest. He calls.

Results:

<font color="white"> CO had KK for flopped full house. </font>

Comments?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Live Tournament hand.

The only thing questionable is if you wanted to call preflop with 67o when you have ~12xbb. Were you planning on pushing the flop if you missed? That I don't mind. Pushing preflop because you think the co is on a steal I don't mind either. Folding and looking for a better spot to be the aggressor I don't mind either. What I don't like though is if you were calling with the intention of folding if you don't hit the flop well, because you've got too short of a stack to be wasting chips on garbage hands.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:23 PM

YUCK!

I don't think it's necessarily bad to call a min raiser in the blinds every so often. But you have to consider what the min raiser is doing here. Is he trying to pick up some blinds with the min raise or does he want a call here from the blinds to trap them..just like he did you. I think it all comes down to, how did this player play before he made the min. raise on the button? Also, could he be min raising with A6, K6, KK, Q6, J6 etc. Nevertheless, how many chips did this player have? If he was one of the chipleaders of your tournament, I would surely fold here in the blinds pre-flop.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:51 PM

you played it perfectly.

don't second guess yourself becuase he flopped perfect.

cards happen.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:28 PM

When he mini raised i put him on a big pair, knowing i had to improve, but got to see a cheap flop.

When i flopped trips, any kind of read flew right out the window and i just started trying to figure out how many chips i'd have at the end of the hand.

Oops
Old 01-16-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he mini raised i put him on a big pair, knowing i had to improve, but got to see a cheap flop.
Oops

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so you flat raised his call anyway although 'putting him on a big pair' with two unders hoping to catch a straight or two pair on the flop? Doesn't seem very logical to me.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:23 PM

It folded around to the cutoff, who i assumed miniraised to get some kind of action with his Aces.

At the point that it came around to me there was already 19k in the pot. And it was 4k more for me to call and try to hit something.